Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Monday, January 31, 2005

Sunday merges into Saturday!

Hello Bloggsters!

Well I may be writing to myself here.....It's Sunday and it marks 10 months of being on the transplant list for new lungs....Everyone says its a race against time...but it feels like I am running and I cannot see the finish!

A friend came round last night to celebrate my release from hospital (I was in for three weeks.) and we chatted about old times when we taught English in Korea....It was only thre years ago but it seems like a lifetime! She chatted about her eventful love-life history.

I think I could pass an exam in the Loves and Losses of Mandika now....But she always suprises me with a bizarre fact about someone we know...This time is was the bisexuality of my old flatmate in Daegu....lol

Everyone is moving on......My friends are getting promotions, getting coupled-up, going travelling and all that seems to be in my past a the moment...All my thoughts are perforated by "perhaps today"....Then I can get my life up and running again.

It hard to believe I am the same person who was sitting interviewing Tony Blair, the same person who was enjoying the millennium in Australia, walking of the Great Wall of China...oh this sounds so melodramatic.

Lets be positive....I bumped into Hippy Chick at the supermarket. She always cheers me up....There is something about Cannock though that makes me need to turn my oxygen machine up......(or could that have been just talking to Hippy Chick)

My friends went to the PWEI gig (That I was going to - bah!) and got me a CD of the concert. How cool is that....You can get a CD of a gig you have been to....as you leave!

Well got to go now....We have a letter of complaint to write to Staffordshire General Hospital....more updates later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home