Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

National Incapacity Scroungers

Hiya Blogheads! I'm knackered.....But its been a week since my last hospitalisation and my body is still not emitting any nastiness (apart from the normal!)

I spent a good proportion of the night coughing. But there was no blood or guts therein! Hurrah!

Anyway....I am nursing an aching head...My second nebuliser of the morning (Taurolin) goes in a mask which makes me look and sound like Darth Vader.....I had set it all up and it fell apart.

This caused me to snap and throw the neb pots at the machine, of course they rebounded and hit me on the head.....There is a lesson in there somewhere.

After a trip to the building society to keep my finances up to date (alwayss a chore) I listened to a debate on the radio about Incapacity Benefit.

What nobody seems to mention is that those of use who have lived abroad come home to find all our National Insurance contributions are re-set at zero so we can't get Incapacity Benefit! This goes for Jobseekers Allowance too.

I was told that despite having paid all my UK taxes for years when I was a journalist it all counts for nothing when I want to claim.

I went to a cafe in Burntwood and heard two women talking about how ill they were and the I.B they were claiming.....They were walking around without oxygen damn. How ill can they be?

I bet they haven't paid as much tax as me....They aren't abandoned by the State....Tony Blair knows his constituents...

I have a friend who has had mental health problems... She now works and gets more I.C Benefit than her first year of claiming....

I wrote to my local who told me there were no plans to change the law in my favour....

Perhaps I should have come in as an illegal immigrant...They seem to get everything paid for until their case is heard....

I wonder if I would enjoy the same courtesy if I turned up in Turkey?

Anyway.....My ex's step dad is coming round later to take me for a drink.....It my first time in a smokey atmosphere for weeks so may just go for an hour to get stuff off my chest! (literally!)

A bientot

1 Comments:

  • At 8:55 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm impressed, I have to admit. Seldom do I come across a blog that's equally educative and amusing, and let me tell you, you have
    hit the nail on the head. The issue is something that not enough men
    and women are speaking intelligently about.
    Now i'm very happy that I found this in my search for something relating to this.

    My weblog - gto120dlaocm402mfos02.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home