Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Bad Krishna Transvestite v Mark

Hello Bloggerdeers,

I went to Aldi in Lichfield, because from there it’s a short downhill walk to Tesco (a favourite coffee haunt!) But my trip was prematurely cut short….

A strange Hari Krishna type entered the shop, but he was the HK of the rubbish transvestites in "Little Britain"…He looked seriously freaky and had a face even Pete Doherty would have called pale! (Talking of which, isn't it funny when highbrow papers like The Times talk about youth culture...)

He (the Krishna man, not Peter Doherty!) only had the robes on his bottom half, but wore a normal sweatshirt on top and had long hair….He asked some elderly couple if they knew “him” and pointed at me…then started calling after me saying he could “help” me….

I hid in a queue, then left when I thought he wouldn’t see me….narrow escape. I always seem to attract the strange types….hmmm perhaps they see a kindred soul..

Anyway….I got back and it was time for my computer class…I finished my ECDL in the summer and am now doing Clait Plus…damn challenging due to the four hour exams with only three errors allowed per module…..It seemed to drag…or was I just thinking of the strange man I didn’t meet earlier…I am working through making cluster graphs with mathematical formulae. It is exercise for the brain but SO DAMN BORING!

No sooner had I done a set of nebulisers and the breathing exercises, had something to eat when my friend Mr P came round with a Moby DVD got me and a CD of a band he saw in Prague……

I am well behind in my listening…am now listening to REM’s last album, yes I know it’s SO 30-something to get something from REM but I challenge anyone not to be moved by past gloried such as "Everybody Hurts".

Unfortunately there is nothing so great on this one, but I think its going to be one of those years this year. (Oh Happy New Year to any Chinese folk out there for tomorrow!)

I got Erasure’s latest album last week and at the moment I am waiting for it to give me something. I bought all three versions of Erasure's last single Breathe…I can’t work out if that is obsessive, mad, sad or just comforting. Bands like Erasure and REM can always be relied on to make comforting albums...

It’s a hospital outpatients appointment tomorrow. Which means putting everything I need for Newcastle if I get the transplant call IN the car, because if we get the call while I am at my outpatients in Brum by uncle will drive our car up to the North East….I have to do this everytime I got more than 30 minutes from home….which means I rarely do….

Anyway the hospital always gets me nervous, my sugar levels are all over the place today and I haven’t slept well….may take a painkiller tonight to actually have the energy for clearing my lungs at 7.30am and recovering in time to hit the road at about 9am…...Wish me luck and pray I don't dream of transvestite Hari Krishna men!





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home