Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Noami and I Moan (the same backwards!)


Hiya,

I am VERY excited because Naomi (who does comment on this blog) is coming over from Australia on Tuesday.....I haven't seen her for FIVE YEARS....streuuuuth.

Well I am also going to have a BIG MOAN.....I am still owed money from articles I wrote for the press back in September...



People always point the finger at journalists as being only slightly above lawlers in the hate stakes.....But its management that don't play the game!

A lot of papers are willing to take and publish features which I have written and not pay anything for them....Local papers are the wordt for this.

If any other industry took advantage of the disabled like this there would be heads rolling!

I remember when I started on my first paper doing stories on nurses pushing for better pay - nurses were on TWICE what I was on....and had more regular hours!

Moan over....

Everything seemed to be fine after my tests and I have another outpatients just before Christmas and a biopsy in January.

Its been a busy week. But it was punctuated by good things. These included finding the Amelie DVD on Cannock market, all the people who have wished me well.

I felt like ROCKY when I did my first walk arond Castle Ring this morning with so many people saying hello...Famous for 15 minutes eh?

Chatted to Stan and Kay and we saw a robin so close it was unbelievable....it was like it was singing...to us! Wow....wow!

I have also very almost, nearly, kind of finished my Christmas cards and need a sack to take them to Rugeley Post Office tomorrow.

Still decorating the house....but WE HAVE A TREE!

Big hello to everyone at the Cats Protection League do on Saturday...especially Maureen (who will be on the look-out for a kitten for me in the spring) and Janet.

Oh yes finally booked train ticket for my outpatients on 21st December....took me SO long to find a route that would cost us under £100. If I had five kids or spent all my savings I would get these expenses PAID....

Snuggles and bubbles

MARK

*I finally worked out who the pretty girl who delivered the card this afternoon is - she was the waitress at the Park Gate on St George's night...

MUSIC: Green Day, Dead-60s, Linkin Park, Gorillaz, Annie

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home