Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Thursday, February 09, 2006

The Wright Stuff, Radio WM, Walsall Potatoes.


Blogettes,

SORRY I didn't let anyone know I was on RADIO WM on Monday. It was a very last-minute affair (as mine tend to be!) but I have got my review of the ARCTIC MONKEYS CD in The Post this week. Again I presume its in all editions, but don't know. In ours its on pg37.


LC can you spot the reference to yourself in the review?

There should be another long VILLAGE NEWS ROUND-UP in THE MERCURY too, but I always have to scrounge a copy from someone else as we never get it!

Saturday afternoon I did the Lichfield thing...but nightmare upon nightmare, we couldn't get our normal sofa in Couch Potato....so we had to make do with another one.....Gosh..judgement day must be upon us my friend.

Actually, talking about potatoes - I saw a friend in a potato queue and she was intensely texting and didn't see me, so I texted her and saod 'look five yards to your left' small incident, but it amused me anyway...

After LC went to her posh ball (you see...I know people who do posh stuff....I do...I do) I went to Stafford for Colin's b'day bash. We did all the old haunts and I think the people were the same....

It ended up with pizzas, catnip (for the cats not us) and a DVD of 80s Hits (oh and a 'fart' machine!) I was up bright(ish) and breezy(ish) on Sunday to meet the 'usual suspects' for Sunday dwinkies.....(I was on coffee!)

In the afternoon Matt and Kathryn came round. Its been years since I have seen Mr H, although we frequently send each other CDs....I blame him etirely of course, because its his fault. Because it is! lol

Anyway we vowed (as you do) to do it again sooner. It will probably involve beer and Cheeky Monkeys at The Wolverhampton Civic. Oooooh anyone want to see The Arctic Monkeys there by the way?

I have also been offered ticket to be in the audience of The Wright Stuff....Its Matthew Wright's morning TV show and filmed for Channel4 live in London, any weekday morning.

Anyone with time off and want to go down with me, let me know asap. I may also require a floor to sleep on the night before.....hint hint! lol

Monday I was on the Adrian Goldberg Show. They were talking about the so-called 'George Best Effect' - where people won't donate organs because they think they'll be wasted. I don't think it exists because a) People aren't so shallow and b) People haven't got that good memories!

Mum had to taek Sheila to see Arthur in hospital so caught a lift and went into Lichfield. I bought a CD, paid in a cheque (always a pleasure) and did little functional things. (And wen to Couch Potato)

Tuesday I was also functional. I have now doubled my distance I cycle in the morning as of this day. I suffered for it later lol.....I arranged to visit the other LC (Louisa Capps) in Sheffield. We actually sorted out a date to do it!

LC and I used to work with Naomi and Gerbri (the Aussie and the Dutch personage who came to see me at differernt times in the last couple of years) in Sydney (the place in Australia, not a man!)

We worked door-to-door trying to persuade people to change their telecom company - long hard and often thankless work!

I hope to see Hannah J and visit my old haunts. For those who don't know, I did my journalist course in Sheffield.
I miss The Leadmill - a club in an old factory that always has up-and-coming bands on and indie discos.

On Wednesday I went all kitted out in my new gear and trainers (pic to follow!) to my first gym session at Cannon's in Cannock - only to be told I needed a doctors' letter. Why they didn't tlel me this before so I could have brought it along I don't know.....grrrrr.

But Jodie, my personal training instructor (how celeb does that sound?) is nice and when I got on some scales she could tell all my body mass index, fat levels, hydration and wow....probably my DNA too! I was almost impressed.

I have to go back on Sunday for my first proper session....9am (gulp!)

I froze around Cannock later in the day and regretted that too. Ugly people - how do they breed? I saw a family of inbreds buying Valentine's Cards - probably for each other!

Today I met Dan and Tony in Walsall. I showed Dan the ropes when I was at The Newsletter and he was a work experience personage. All three of us worked for the Express & Star - all of us escaped!

We got back in touch vie Diana (who works for the council's countryside department) I know its a strange thing to work for in WALSALL! I was the best man at her wedding - hence the connection. Gosh!

It was a constructive meeting, in a bar, over a coffee and baked potato (ooooooh bakes potato theme again!)

It was good to chat over old times....and they will pass on any freelance stuff they have - which could always give me a foot in the door so to speak.

Walsall is great for cheapness. I got a coat for £5 and numerous gadgets, including 'magic' hand warmers, a cooling face-mask and several CDs....ooooooh and two copies of a great book Jonathan Livingston Seagull, which if I give you as a present, read it. Its great!

Walsall is a bit of a theme too! I am going to see my 'Financial Advisor' (oooooooo) to fiddle around (ooer) with some investments and try and sort out the inheritance tax thing. I advise everyone to try and avoid it too!

Nathalie (French Nathalie, Berangere's friend) is coming over next Wednesday and we hope to meet up with Akbar and Eve and go to the cinema or a pub - in Walsall....

Walsall Walsall Walsall....Oh have you seen how CHEAP

Tomorrow is the Village Party. I can't reveal what exactly is happening as its meant to be a secret. I am going with Caroline and meeting Mike and Rachel there (Rachel will be helping serving the buffet). It will be different.

Through the week I have been finishing my album of dance music. I have been listening to the tracks on my MP3 player each day on my cycle to try and decided which to put on and which not to.

You will be relieve to know I don't attempt to sing on any track, althoguh I do use a sample of my voice in the track '1971 (Couch)' for obvious reasons.

I may try and sell copies of on ebay. I need a title. Any ideas? Its basically a quickly-knocked up side project album. I hjave taken samples of free-to-download and royalty free tracks and other samples from e-Jay (the studio programme) and made something almost creative.

I will let you know all about Friday night.....later on....and look forward to seeing people over the weekend. (I think I am going to the Park Gate for Sunday lunch! Hmmmmmmm) I have a medical check-up as a follow up to the blood tests (but its only in Burntwood) on Tuesday, and on Sunday 19th I am off to Sheffield....gosh blomey gosh gosh

Huggles and Snuggles

Chairman Miaow! x

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home