Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

True tones and shivering badgers


Bloggerettes,

The cold bite is literally taking my breath away….But I have to go out or risk infections festering inside so I am the one shivering outside shops, wandering what excuse I need to go in in the warm one more time!

I had blood tests on Tuesday and everything was normal! At last a part of my body that works as it’s meant to. I saw a badger from my bedroom on the same day…so I think it’s a sign. I was going to go to Cornerstone cafe....but it was too cold to go anywhere but home!

A bizarre thing happened on MSM….Somebody I vaguely knew came on-line and we chatted for a while. Then she became evil! She just comes back with an insult whatever I say to her….I don’t even know who she is now….I think she has me confused with one of her ex’s or something.

So Carlie….I am sending you a big warm hug….I think you need it!

Broadband Hell…I decided to change to Tiscali Broadband because it was the same price as my dial-up…..the kit, software, modem, phone filters all arrived.

I tried to instsall it (with the help of Mr P!) and we kept getting the message the signal was being split….I eventuaqlly downloaded the destruction page and apparently we need an ASDL filter on every phone in the house AND we can’t use a normal phone extension to link the phone socket to the modem,…So we need a new phone socket near the computer or pay a ridiculous amount of money for a special long cable.

Why didn’t they tell me all of this before the stiff arrived and I could have started the ball rolling to get all this sorted!

My on-going battle with Orange took another turn. I have ‘true’ tones on my mobile which apparently allow me to download these realistic tunes. I went onto WAP and I couldn’t find one ‘true’ tone there.

The Orange shop couldn’t help me and I have rang up Orange twice now and got two different solutions, neither work. Back to carrier pigeon.

Well the snow hits Old Blighty and yet again the we can’t cope….We get it every year.......enjoy the beauty of it all! I saw a badger last night shivering....That is not a euphanism!

Music: Still working on that Erasure review for Ciao! + Moby

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home