Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Friday, February 10, 2006

Sleepy Mark on Beacon Radio + (ghosthunting)



Bloggertears,

I was awoke by the presenters of Beacon Radio's Breakfast Show this morning!

Sleepy Mark went to the phone to be greeted by whoops of joy and excitment by the presenters. I had to answer a question and pick a number I think...its very blurrry....

Anyway sleepy Mark won a free 'Valentines' meal for tow at a top local restaurant (!) with drink (hmmmm) and a big cuddly bear or something. We shall see what arrives in the post tomorrow.

Manic morning. Spent time in Halifax trying to sort out an ISA that is maturing (like a cheese?)

While doing this I ask for a printout of all my investments with them for when I see my F.A next week - and I discover one of them is missing. >?>!!!! Money just doesn't disappear....or does it?

I went to Rugeley to sort out my parking pass and claim for hospital expenses too and from Newcastle-upon-Tyne.

I didn't realise I could claim. but because I am now on 'A BENEFIT 'at long last (and I am damn proud of it after all these months of not being to be able to claim anything, despite all the taxes I've paid over the years...moan moan.)

But because I get this pittance.....I can claim money back from my long train journeys up to Newcasltle every fortnight. Bonus! But it means keep filling out loads of forms and making sure the info is the same on each!

Its like I had to start my own business to pay my own national insurance 'stamps' as I wasn't allowed to pay them before. An employer had to do it. SO I overcame it by becoming my own employer....ha ha.

I picked up my doctors 'signiture' so I can go to the gym and it basically says 'Mark can exercise as set out my transplant team'

So I rang Newcastle (who STILL haven't got the results of my blood tests) and the nurse said it was too soon to be using any weights or a stepper or rower, but I could use the bikes and treadmill.

But nobody was available to put anything in writing. I find all this strange as I used the dumbells before I left hospital and use them each morning.

They will deny me my morning cycle next!

Some of you know I did a lot of research to Nunswell Park - and the legends there involving Saxon Kings, beautiful female saints and monks who were not perhaps as serm.....aintly as they seemed.

Well I have had interest today from someone who wants to include it in a book they are doing! Cool. Perhaps I could put 'historian' on my CV.

For those interested there is footage of a ghost-hunt on Castle Ring (at the end of my road) here http://http://www.navigatortm.com/images/pacramufohq.html

Good things about Rugeley: Huge all-day breakfast (with drink) £1.25, a latte 65p; photocopying 7p; booksale at library with books 10p each; Home Bargains shop (so bloomin' cheap!)

Bad things about Rugeley: Loads of people smoke (because they are too stupid not to I suppose) ;The Power Station pumps (belches) out nasty smog; lots of ugly people with babies (how? why?) lol

See some of you at the Village Hall tonight. Its bring-your-own-drinks!

Music: Editors, Sparks (anyone got the new Sparks album?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home