Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Friday, April 21, 2006

Medical Stress and More Tests

Hi there,

Well its been eventful....yet again. I went up to Newcastle on Tuesday evening...and AGAIN found it quite hard to find a pub which did food after 7pm......Do people not eat in the evening up North?!!

I finally had a mixed grill at a lovely place that I had actually been to before, with Dad, when I came up for my assessment in February 2004.

The flat I was put in was hot and dusty. Why make a big thing about having to wear masks around building work at the hospital if the cleaners don't do their job? Doh

I was up at 6am for a morning of tests, prodding and poking - then my biopsy. I FELT my biopsy happening which apparently I shouldn't as the nerves in transplanted lungs should be dead (or something like that!)

Dr Gerry seemed happy with all the results. But as I was to find out....he can soon change his mind.

That night I was in a ward with farting, burping old man and a bloke who said 'champion' all the time in his sleep.

The next day I was due to meet Sarah for lunch but they hadn't got the results of my biopsy (which was fine by the way - only very limited r ejection...not even enough to treat!)

By the time I saw Gerry he was in his pessimistic mood. He suggested I see a dietician! I don't think he believes that I am one of the healthiest eaters I know and diaticians just tell CF people to eat fatty food!

The day before he had said if I keep doing what I am doing everything will be fine. I am only about 1.5% overweight! This is despite being on steroids.....I think this is pretty good.

AND doe he not know or understand I go either cycling or 'gym'ing every day....

He gave me some calcium tablets (again NOT because there is any problem with my bone density but as a precaution..) I later found he gave the exact same presciption to another bloke...I reckon he has shares in the drug.

He seemed concerned about my blood pressure.....although AGAIN this is always fine when I take it at home....Bloody White Coat Syndrome. He wants it to be measured every week

One lung fundtion test was slightly down the other was up significantly.....He seemed happy about this.BUT TODAY he phoned to ask me to come back up to Newcastle for more prodding, poking and a CT scan.

WHY THE HELL CAN'T IT BE DONE SOMEWHERE CLOSER THAN FOUR HOURS AWAY...? Newcastle isn't the beginning and end of the world...

Just as I thought I was escaping I seem to be in hospital more than ever....and this is without anything being wrong. GOD KNOWS WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF I WAS ILL!!!

Why does everything have to be so stressful for the medical profession? I will now be stressing out for another month.
IF ANYTHING WAS WRONG THEY SHOULD SEE ME TOMORROW.....If NOT see me in SIX MONTHS.

They even messed up pharmacy and it took a day after my drugs were prescibed before I got them and this meant I could only see my friend in Newcastle for an hour...

PS: The doc ALSO said - to add insult to injury - I can't play cricket for another three months!

Ignore me I am in a 'woe is me' mood lol.....the sun will shine tomorrow and the who;ole world will be rosy again!

MUSIC: RAMMSTEIN (Played loud and angry)



.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home