Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Rob, Sarah, Hanforth and Jen


Blogettes,

I was on Midlands Today at lunchtime apparently (and Radio WM) and am in TAKE A BREAK magazine in the issue out tomorrow!

I went to the gym on Monday morning and bumped into someone ELSE I know. It was the lovely Clare who climbes mountains and spits on the shoes of danger....(She is very fit and puts me to shame!) xx

Hello there! I went up to Hanforth on Monday to see Rob (not 'Rod' as I accidentally typed on a previous blog!) and Sarah - both of who I lived with in halls of residence when we were all at uni in Manchester.

I got to Stockport on Monday night and we went for a few drinkies and ate and chatted until about 2am.

On Tuesday we had to wait in most of the day because they were having a table and TV delivered.

In the early evening met up with the ever-radiant Jennifer (a school friend I hadn't seen for about 16 years)..Then R, S and I watched an amazing huge-screen version of War Of The Worlds.

Jennifer is amazing. She looks after two kids and a hubbie and she still looks fresh as a daisy..blessssss xxx

Rob has a cinema room - (which doubled as my bedroom for a couple of days!) Many beers later we were eating delicious food and spilling delicious wine...ands cheey puffs!

It was great talking about the memories of people (mostly nutters) we used to know at uni and memories only a few of us in the world share. I actually went out with Sarah's sister for a time..way back when....

This morning we headed out and walked to Wilmslow then treid to get to Style across a country park (v. muddy) and got lost, ending up near the airport in a pub called the Honey Bee on the Altricham Road.

We got a tazi to Style itself and hit a pub called The Ship Inn (named after a manure store!!!!) - where we saw a Rob Stewart smell-alike....and walked back to Hanforth, before stopping for a coffee at The Railway (pub!)

I got a taxi back to Stockport and really had to concentrate to not fall alseep and wake up somewhere Southern!

I have photos and will add them asap....Got busy couple of days catching up with work and stuff before hitting Notthingham at the weekend for Mandy's 30th! Hurrah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home