Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Monday, February 19, 2007

Dodgy Docs


Dodgy Doctors

Six reasons why doctors are not good for your health.
First of all I appreciate it is thanks to doctors that I have had a new lease of life and I will always be grateful....

1) Docs in Newcastle seemed miffed I wanted to be on the drug and not a placebo in a trial. If they thought it was going to help why not prescribe it before I deteriorated. I had to ask my consultant in Birmingham.

2) As my deterioration in lung function seems to have stablilised it was a GOOD JOB I did push for zyphromicin..

If I deteriorate they won’t have a plan of action so its better to stop deteriorating…Doctors think I am just a name and number on a study. But it is my health going downhill, just when everything else is going so well…..(Which should have been spotted earlier anyway!)

3) Nobody seems to have a plan of action and when I used my initiative to find treatment on the net they seems uninterested…

4) I have been trying for about a week now to get an email for my consultant in Birmingham as they don’t seem to pass things on to Newcastle and I want to make sure they are both in line…..Lost cause.

5) Birmingham didn’t pass on my scan results to Newcastle.. (arse and elbow??!!!)

6) My new GP in Widnes is a moody man who has taken three weeks and still hasn’t got my prescription right….These men get paid five times what I do. For what????
(I have told the receptionist (with a long queue behind me) that unless it is sorted by Wednesday and the drugs are IN the pharmacy I will be changing doctors...)

Anyway...Emma came down from Kilmarnock for the weekend and we watched too much TV and sawe Hot Fuzz at Halton Lea cinema....

Happy Lunar New Year you pigs!!!

2 Comments:

  • At 8:45 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I can see why you might be pretty scared and frustrated at your drop in form, but at the end of the day, isn't it largely thanks to the wisdom and skill of the docs and others in Newcastle that you've had this new lease of life?
    That said, I genuinely do hope that things improve for you soon and you keep on truckin' for a long while yet.

    Best wishes

    Sarah

     
  • At 10:21 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    arse holes spring to mind.....

    keep fighting

     

Post a Comment

<< Home