Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Monday, January 22, 2007

Blue Monday


Hiya folk/folkettes,

Welcome to Blue Monday! The radio this morning said it is the most depressing day of the year today...So let me try and bring a little sunshine into your lives..or not.

Well its been a hectic week, what with all the medical stuff going on and
all the weather causing Halton Council to be the focus of so many media
enquiries!

As far as the lungs are concerned. I had a CT scan in Brum on Wednesday.
I am just waiting to hear what that revealed. I will go up to chat to the
consultant sometime this week....

While I was in Heartlands they did lots of samples taking/testing and want
me to go on IV antibiotics and come into hospital for a fortnight.

I am suggesting that IVs can be done at my local hospital in Halton and then
I would go before and after work and not take any time off....could be a
solution.

But to do this I think I must register with a GP up here....I will do that
on Monday...oh that's today isn't it!

I spent the day Saturday looking round the shops and buying the essentials...I
feel like I am stocking up a nuclear bunker!

Its all the stuff you need once and then won't need again for ages, like
household cleaners, olive oil and cheap red wine!

The job is fun. I am slowly getting to learn people's names/roles etc....and
hey....I have even noticed a couple of cute people around the building!

I have had a couple of meetings and am building up contacts....I even found
a reporter on a local paper who speaks Korean....!

Widnes has some great places...the Brindley theatre is lovely. Too bad the
star of the panto is Big Brother related... But I will enjoy promoting it.

It is Healthy Halton week next week whcih involves lots of healthy freebies
which I probably won't be well enpough to go on - gym, walks etc...Oh the
irony...

Well I am trying to do as much exercise as possible...which is hard as a
walk up a flight of stairs nearly kills me....But I am not a quitter...

Went to see Rob and Sarah, Wilmslow way on Sunday and ate loads of nice food....IT also snowed - for the first time this winter...

Well....a steaming latte (steady Frank!) is calling me.... Thanks for ALL
the emails of support and I hope to see some of you real soon.

Oh yes...I actually have the spare room looking ship-shape so am visitor-friendly!

PS: The pic is of Widnes Library...Cannock eat your heart out! (ooooo what an image!)

Snuggles and cuddly pixie stuff...

6 Comments:

  • At 4:22 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Haha, yes, I heard about this 'Healthy Week' thing. They had a big platter of fruit in the entrance at college and they MADE us eat it! God knows how long it had been there uncovered. I did however help myself to a pysiliis and a strawberry and felt sOo much the better for it(!)

     
  • At 7:40 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Welcome to Widnes, you're pretty cute yourself!

    잘생긴

     
  • At 2:32 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    잘생긴 - Hello my Korean friend ...Wow...Anyong-a-se-oy.Do you know where I can get kim-chi or sol-ju in Widnes? x MARK

     
  • At 10:02 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    blue monday now that's what you call 12 inches of pure joy

     
  • At 10:28 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you are pretty cute yourself

    should have gone to Specsavers.....

     
  • At 12:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Pure joy, 12 inches? Mr F you spoil me....And the girl who said 'welcome to Widnes' obviously has fantastic taste... x

     

Post a Comment

<< Home