Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Awards and curling

Hello, I suppose the big news is I am Halton Sports Person of the Year 2014.  It was for the double gold and silver I won at the European Transplant Games in Lithuania and the bronze medal I won at the British Transplant Games as well as the silver hard bat doubles awards locally.

So I  guess I have been a European Champion for the last six years (as they Euros are only held every other year.)

I attended a lovely ceremony with my friend Claire at The Select Security Stadium. And we got a roast dinner before the awards. I wasn't driving, so utilised the bar!

One of the other highlights was a morning of curling at Silver Blades Ice Rink in Widnes.  The next day the wrong leg ached, so I think I need to work on my technique. It was great fun though! I don't think I will be playing in any winter Olympics any time soon though! x


Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home