Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Monday, December 19, 2005

Miss C, Sugarlumps and Equine Vogue


My dear Blogsters, I would like your comments on the following true situation.

I have a friend. To saver her embarrassment I won’t name her, but she does have a ‘C’ in her name.

She got off with a man at a Christmas ‘do’ then he went on holiday.

“He texted or called me every night,” she gushes, “How romantic is that?”

Now let me analyse this/ that.


If I had just met someone and then texted or called them every night, even when I was on holiday she should quite rightly assume I am a stalker!

If I was actually going out with this girl, then its hardly the most romantic thing in the world to give up five minutes every 24 hours for a quick text or phone call is it?

Either way. This bloke is a loser. He is not love but lust driven and is obviously edging his bets to get a human bed warmer to go with his Christmas lights.

At the risk of getting all ‘Sex In The City’ Miss C…you wonder why each bloke you meet treats you worse than the last? Is it any wonder they use you?

In case I was completely grabbing the wrong end of the stick I spoke to another female friend on MSM last night and we chatted about Miss C (who we both know.)

In this other friends opinion I was right. Seeing a girl in a crowded room, finding out her name and sending her a romantic letter or e-mail. That, she said, is romantic.

A follow up phone call to invite her somewhere nice or to meet for coffee, she said, that is romantic and how she and her latest boyfriend got together.

Taking your girlfriend for a romantic weekend in Paris for her 30th birthday. That, she said, was very romantic. (Being 29-years-old she hoped her b/f is reading this!)

Miss C made excuses for her last boyfriend ‘not being the romantic type’ when he never wanted to go anywhere or surprise her on her birthday

In her opinion Miss C should see a psychiatrist. I think a good friend with the guts to tell it like it is would be better.

We decided Miss C is like so many people. They are so insecure they love the ego-trip of whoever shows them attention and try and justify it.

They then miss out on people who would really care for them, pretending they are happy. She then dared me to include our discussion in my blog….so I have! (You owe me one!)

Of course I am not going to say anything to Miss C…..are you? Does this make me as spineless. Perhaps it does!

I am now going to admit something that may make me look a bit silly!

I took presents for the horses over the road (carrots, sugar lumps, polo mints, a horse brass, a picture from the PDSA and a card) and gave them to the ever-lovely Bekki.

It is the horsey equivilent of Kensington over there. Equine vogue luxury. Those people work hard for those animals. I hope their four-legged friends appreciate it.

Anyway. I don’t think I had really had a long conversation with the girls from the family which owns the stables before. I now know who they all are.

I learned. Kelly is the one who arrives very early in the morning. (I always thought that was Jess!) I think I have that right haven’t I?

I have now met most of the horses and they have sniffed my hand and looked at me with their big, knowing eyes. (Or was that just a strange dream I had!)

Leaving the stables I saw Gary S who gave me a lift round the block in his sports car. One is so low to the ground its like being in a proper racing car. J

I went to the Posh Dress Do at The Blanks, dressed in a tuxedo and flashing bow tie. I hope there are no photographs.

It was good to see folks. But there were a few too many people there and more I didn’t know what I knew, so I didn’t stay too long. I was the youngest apart from Ellen N!

Jane, Monty and Oliver came over Sunday. It is always good to see them. It is the first time in ages I haven’t dragged M upstairs while he was here to sort out a PC bug!

I also managed to walk all the way around Castle Ring for the second time this week. It saved me using the exercise bike. But it took hours for my hands to thaw out.

I saw Tanya from down the road and her friend James jogging. I was envious. (Not because I fancied James but because I want to be well enough to jog).

I am seeing increasing side effects from the high doses of medication I am on and really hope the doses are reduced when I go to Newcastle this week.

Do you think a good beg on my hands and knees will do the trick?

Its now Monday. I know this by how many times the local radion station play 'I Don't Like Mondays', 'Manic Monday' and 'Blue Monday' - as if we needed reminding....Look out for 'Ruby Tuesday' tomorrow.

I queued for a long time to post THREE cards that needed weighing at the post office. An old lady in a wig tried to slip in front of my in the line. These old people may seem feeble but they are cunning.

I made sure she waited like the rest of us! he he

I met Vicke P and little Gracie and walked ujp to the PG for coffee and delivered the rest of the local Christmas cards. Why are some people's letterboxes so hardf to find???!!!

Off to say hi to the IT centre folk tonight. They all signed a get well card and sent it to Newcastle for me. Bless...

*Big hi to my old friend James H by the way, who I also chatted to on MSM. He is an emerging artist. I hadn’t realise he was so talented. Good on you matey. You will need the extra money when the baby is born next year! Lol

Am off to Newcastle-upon-Tyne for a couple of days tomorrow. So apologies if I have my phone turned off for some of the time.

Music:: Gang Away, Dion Jones and the Filth (This last band = excellent!)
Book: Thw Clan Of The Cave Bear by Jean Auel

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home