Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Saturday, March 18, 2006

The Melancholy Death Of Oyster Boy

Evening Blogettes!

So how are we? (Collective answer please!) I hope you have all been cheering on the English at the Commonwealth Games and booing those Scots who get all the publicity for being 'brave'.

(Translation of 'brave' = always coming second to the English/Welsh/Irish/Jersey/Falkland Islands etc)

Well this has been a functional week....its been interesting, but it doesn't read that way (if you catch my drift!)

I went to Cannock to pick up my travel tokens (always useful for taxis) and it was like musical chairs. Everyone sat in a circle, moving up a space when one became free.

You’ve heard of the Circle of Life? Well this was the circle of death. Everyone looked either too well to be there or too ill to be there….Wonder which category I was in!!!

My cold reached its peak and I was feeling very sorry for myself and vowed not to go cycling until it was better as each morning seems to be snowy and cold.

I went to Stafford in the late morning to give in an application and I managed it, despite an unwelcoming person telling me off for going to the wrong building.

I gave a speech that night at The Terrace hotel for ’41 Club’ – which is the club of ex Round Tablers from Brownhills, that Dad used to be a member of.

It was therefore emotional but good practice for my voice. I am still only having caffeine and alcohol when out to try and improve it. (SO have to make excuses to go out!)

The food and company was top class though!

Tuesday I drove to Burton at some unearthly hour to the Connexions office for a seminar on running my own business by a Customs and Excise woman.

It was useful. Interesting mix of people there too. AND lots of nice Traidcraft coffee. A38 untroubled.

Wednesday I was in Shrewsbury. When I bought my new car I got 6 months tax with the car. But I get free tax because I have a blue badge, because of my CF (believe me its useful!)

So I had to go to give me tax disc in and get a new one for a year and claim five months back on the last one….(or at least get a form) I have decided that I like Shrewsbury.

Shrewbury has lots of nice old buildings in the town centre and a very high column with a person on it near the County Council offices (which are VERY ugly)

Met up with Peter and his wife. Our family met Peter, his ex Anne and their ‘kids’ (about my age) Sarah and Dylan in about 1998. His new wife seems good for him.

I had a double take in the gym spa pool. I thought Berangere was there. It was a double. She MUST have been French. English people don’t look like that.

I went for a drink with Frank and Erik at the PG in the evening and as usual we put the world to right!

Thursday mum and I met our Financial Advisor in Walsall and then did the shops.

I went to the gym in the afternoon as I have done most days this week. And then my head was so full of facts and figures from this morning I couldn’t sleep.

So I put something on e-bay (please but it somebody) and wrote this entry.

On Friday night I spent the night in Willenhall courtesy of Erik and Diana. We ordered an Indian (he came!) and went to a pub, decorated for St Patrick’s night but empty!

It was like an atheist funeral!

They have a very big TV in the spare room. Ideal for watching Bill Bailey and the Commonwealth Games (who would have thought those two items would be mrntioned together…..ever.

I got back home at lunchtime on Saturday and went to Stafford to do functional stuff and buy a new portfolio. I splashed out on the Corinne Bailey Rae CD….oooh get me!

So its been a bit of boring few days blog wise as I have just been doing ‘normal’ things. But that’s a good thing….a very good thing n’est pas?

Busy week coming up climaxing(!) in going to London to be on The Wright Stuff (audience) and meeting up with Frank, Kirsty and Laura (the two latter people infinitely better looking than the former!) lol

Tonight is Tracey's 40th and tomorrow the cousins are coming over for lunch....Party on Wayne,..duuuuuuuude!

PS: Simon's site is popsalvage.com

MUSIC: Corinne Bailey Rae – Put Your Records On
BOOK: Tm Burton: The Melancholy Death of Oyster Boy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home