Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Ghosts and Reunions



Hello Bloggettes,

Apologies the last post was a shameless press release but it was for a very good cause don't you think?

Last night I went on one of those 'Ghost Walks' in Lichfield with some friends (and some strangers) (and some strangers who may be friends!)..I didn't see any ghosts....bah!

(Although we did sink some 'spirits' in the George And Dragon afterwards!)

The tales of people burned alive sounded almost desirable it was so cold last night!

I got to meet most of the Collins clan and the blood lady Jane out of context.

Woke up to another lovely blanket of snow - which was not 100 per cent welcome as I had to go to Lichfield to sort out my money transfers for the car.

We had a few problems yesterday when the car my mum had bought turned out to be a 3 door instead of the 5 door she had wanted. So there had to be more negotiating. - but she handled it like a trooper.

A bizarre thing...I have a had a couple of items of 'fan mail' after my story went in Pick Me Up magazine. Do you thinkg I should write back?

I had an email out of the blue from a beautiful girl I briefly went out with in Korea. I havn't heard from her in years. I'm sure there's loads to catch up on. She was quite a bohemian arty-type and very forward thinking (for a Korean!)

Ever since my transplant I have been bumping into people in real life and cyberspace who I hadn't seen in real life for yonks. I suppose its because I am getting out more....

I am having a reunion with Sarah next week (who I travelled down the East Coast of Australia with). I have to go to Newcastle-upon-Tyne for hospital prodding and poking, so it will be something to look forward to afterwards.

It going to be a busy few days as I pick my new car up tomorrow (see pic on last week's blog) and there is a village 'skittles' do(!) tomorrow night and then Diana's b'day do on Sunday...we are going for a Malaysian (not that the Malaysian knows anything about it!) before heading off to Newcastle.

I really do need to spend some time at the gym before I go there too! Perhaps I shall nominate Saturday as a 'Mark' day.

A little taster. My friend Simon is a pop-tart of the highest order and he has a great little website. But I am not going to tell you the address (unless you beg) until my next entry (ooer) to keep you hangin' on!

Here's a quick link to me reading the news at BBC Midlands..he he. Its definitely one for dog-lovers! CLICK HERE

To e-mail me CLICK To read my latest music review CLICK

MUSIC: Panic At The Disco: "I Write Sins Not Tragedies" and a compilation of music from Iceland I got from Tudor Tunes (including The Leaves)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home