Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Go-Karting and St George!


Hello Bloggettes,

Well the stag-do for Jimbo Stimpson was fun! We went go-karting first. (Shhhh don't tell the docs..they would NOT be impressed!)

That is an experience. You are put in pairs and kitted out in all the racing gear, fire-proof suits, balacalvas and helmets - the lot!

Then you do time trials to find your place on the grid and then you race!

You do about 15 minutes before your partner calls you into the pits and you swap....This happened again so you each do about 30 minutes....Believe me that is exhausting enough!

All the time a computer clocks your fastest lap, who is winning and where you are in the league so your team-mate can hold up intstuctions to you - like 'take no prisoners'.

I was paired with Chris - a film set designer from London - and although we didn't win we had a damn good time!

We all came back - for a quick shower - then went to Perry Barr, Greyhound Racing..It included a meal and stuff and was interesting as always. I came out with a £3 profit....Hardly enough for a drink!

Then we hit Broad Street in Brum and a pub and club ('Rocket' on the site of the old Ronnie Scotts).And came back in the early hours.

Today it was a St George's meal at the Park Gate...Lotss of dressing up, Chas 'n' Dave and silly hats.... I had the idea of going for a cycle before I went - but it stayed as an idea!

I ache from the go-karting so kid myself I didn't have a TOO unhealthy weekend......I have a gym reassessment tomorrow in Cannock so may have to starve myself tonight.

BOOK: To Cut A Long Story Short - Jeffrey Archer
MUSIC: We Are Scientists, Libertines

Links: To e-mail me CLICK.; to see my pictures CLICK; to hear my tunes CLICK

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home