Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

I Have Kittens


I have TWO little girl kittens....born on SATURDAY! They will live with their mother and sibblings on a nearby farm for another month or so....then it will be tabby cat-ville for me!

I took some pictures when they were two days old....I will post more on my photo site asap

Advertise on this site! CLICK FOR DETAILS

So what else has been happening. Its been a functional week so far. I had my reassessment at Cannon's and Jodie added some more torture to my schedule!

She told me I had lost 2 % of my body fat over six weeks. That's one in the eye for the people at Newcastle eh? I had my blood pressure measured by a nurse in Burntwood and that is normal too.

I also did a yoga class for the first time. I feel obliged to go to Esporta every alternate session to use this free week pass I have....I think I would only join if I moved to Stafford - which I still hope to do.

I got a bit of a knock back from the Burton Mail. They wanted as article for their monthly OUR TIME magazine. But now, although they still want it - they don't want to pay me for it.

It astounds me how badly people treat journalists. You wouldn't consider not paying a plumber or electrician would you?

I think people who have images of reporters as being nasty are pretty dumb....

The most nasty people I have every met have almost without fail been 'businessmen'. Its always the reporters who get shit upon, especially on evening papers.

I was talking to a friend, a former journalist, last week and we were saying the way journalists get shouted at and bullied by men/women in suits in ivory towers would be unbelievable in any other profession.

AND the average reporter earns HALF what a NURSE does......and nurses ALWAYS complain about bad money and long hours.

Rant over......meeting Vickie P for lunch then badminton tonight at Oak Park.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home