Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Saturday, December 09, 2006

Can I get a 'Widnes'?!!!


Hello Blogettes!

Well well its been a busy week. I took an IT exam, found a house to live in in Widnes, saw the Levellers play in Birmingham (crusty-fest!) and tomorrow I am off to Prague! Busy boy!

The househunting was stressful. One agents (MCA IN WIDNES) lost the keys to three properties and cound't show me any - despite the appointments being made.

One agency needed references, credit checks, admin fees and all sorts of crap (Ablefords)...

But a friend of one of the other press people (Hello Julie!) called Phil (Hello Phil) had a renovated house in a quiet part of town which I will look forward to moving into.

I was torn between this place and another but the other, despite being luxurious was on the third floor of a complex and its a long was to crawl after beers!

I did look round a lovely houseshare with a girl in Newton. But the house was too nice and done up in her style and I think I would have always felt like a guest there...(She was cute though!)

I actually have a start date for the job now. JANUARY 2nd. Which means I will be going up on New Years Day - so no big NYE for me this year!

Yesterday I went to see The Levellers at The Carling Academy in Brum. with Dave B.Good gig. I felt I ought to have paid for my tickets in magic beans or pixie dust though!

Today I had my assessment at the gym. I must give in my notice there. Its no use paying for membership when I am going to be 85 miles away!

I went for my first cycle in a long while on Thursday morning.....aaaagh. Anyway...time to pack!

Oh yes am reading Rhona Cameron's autobiography '1979' - She was a bit of a teenage stalker! Good book, very honest!

I hope you read my 'Open Letter to Gordon Brown' feature in The Mercury...

Huggles xxxxx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home