Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Lovely Ola etc...


Hiya,

Well the radio interviews seemed to go down well. And its all practice for the new job eh?!

Polish/Canadian Ola arrived on Saturday and I took her to Lichfield - we chilled in the cathedral and chated to an elderly man who told us some really interesting stuff...

My favourite thing in the church is a tomb of two 'sleeping' children and he told us the family history and how they died...

In the evening we just chatted til the early hours about old times and the people we know in Korea... (Ola was my partner in crime - we used to have bizarre adventures in Asia!)

It has been five years since we last saw each other and so much has happened to both of us in the meantime - but we clicked again straght away..

Today we went to Amerton Working Farm and talked to some goats, pics and horses and went to the rescue centre...well worth a look. (pics to go on my photo site soon!)

(My favourite golden pheasant (well I only know one) lives there!)

We went for drinks with the usual suspects in the Park Gate and had a Sunday roast there before going for a wander on Cannock Chase (damn cold).

Erik, Diana and Mark came round and we had coffee before it was time to take Ola back to Burton - typically there are works on the line so she had to get a bus to Derby and a train to Sheffield before getting another train to Hull..

Well folks I have to go now as I have the village new to write and a couple of articles for local papers before tomorrow (when I have my IT exam...)

With my a-drive not functional I will have to go to the library post-gym to practice my IT before the exam.....ho hum............

One week (and a bit)till Prague
Five days til Levellers!

MUSIC: Katie Melua (well its windy!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home