Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Friday, November 03, 2006

Found my Nietzsche!


Hello there Bloggettes,

Hope you like the pictures. They were all taken in our village!

So how is everyone? I have been busy. I have an IT exam on Monday and have been working at Walsall Council two days this week and been up in Newcastle for two days.

My lung capacity was up and all the indicators are good. It is still not up to its May/June peak.

Professor Corris said I had some secondary pneumonia a few weeks ago and it is that which knocked me. But in the words of those great philosophers Chumbawamba - 'I get up again'.

But that last two lung function tests have been higher than the one before so everything points to things getting back on track. I will just have to work harder at the gym and badminton.

While I was there I went to Sarah's new place and got directions from a hospital porter woman who sent me completely the wrong way. I was FROZEN when I got there.

Big thanks to Sarah's lovely housemate Lucy who always gives me a lift back to the flat. Respect to the Heaton massive!

Then, when I got the flat I met Emily Aston (I think this is her name) who was waiting to get in. She had a heart transplant six years ago when she was 15 and looks amazing.

But I am perhaps biased because I am but a hot blooded Englishman!

But things took a turn for the worse when I got to my room. The heating didn't work. Is this healthy for transplant patients? I think not.

Today I did my last IT mock before work. It was a bad time to go. The college was noisy (mostly elderly people- they need a good ASBO/ASDA!) so I couldn't really concentrate.

Went to a Halloween party at Gary's. The photos will be on my photo site asap. Remember the pics from my party two weeks ago are slowly going on there CLICK

This time last year I watched a firework display from my hospital 'tomb with a view'. This time I am going to a bonfire (no hedgehogs allowed).

How thing have changed eh? - Still a long way to go.

Book: When Neitzsche Wept - by Irvin D Yalom (thanks Katrin!)
Oh yes Cannock Wood's new website is at CLICK

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home