Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Borat and Pomegranate Juice

Hiya,

I hope the weekend was as beer fuelled and sparkly bangy as mine was! The kittens are very afraid of fireworks and don't approve of the invention..

(But Perdita has decided she likes green beans and when she is nervous licks her toy cat within an inch of its life....)

Oh yes...Perdita is a character in 'A Winter's Tale' and Portia is a character in several of Shakespeare's plays....they know that...now you do to!

I met up with someone else who had a double-lung transplant on Saturday which was interesting. She too has red hair...

I undid all the gym work with too much alcohol on Saturday night and Sunday lunchtime. Doh!

Monday was hectic as I had a gym assessment and IT exam (and had to go shopping in-between) ... My mouse also decided not to work - there ending my revision!

Anyone considering doing ECDL Advanced - DON'T! The exam is a lot harder than the mocks! There were a couple of things on the paper I had to improvise at...c'est la vie.

Today I am sitting at my desk at Walsall Council writing stuff about LNPs fielding calls from SAGA (why do all the reporters from SAGA sound about 15-years old when the average listenership must be 65-years-old?) and the like.... drinking pomegranate juice (not as nice as the thought of pomegranate juice).

It took me 80 minutes to drive the 11 miles in this morning. Ho hum...Not a happy bunny!

But (tone lightens!) tonight will be good. I'm off to see Borat in Stoke....with Caroline. I haven't seen her since February so there will be much to gossip about!

Tomorrow will be more hectic still. I have an IT session, gym/physio session, and haircut to fit in as well as packing the car for my manic road trip with Korean Jen..(if I can afford the car parkling at Heathrow to pick her up!)

So I will see some of you in Guildford/London/Cambridge/Stafford/Oxford in the next few days. (I will be on my mobile but won't be checking my e-mail for ages people who I'm making arrangements with..)

My cyclosporin levels have been reduced quite a lot today so I need to have bloods done somewhere next week - I will have to cross that bridge when I come to it. Logistics eh?!

Talking of health I cannot get ANY health insurance for my trip to Prague on Decemeber 10-15th - Despite being healthier than I have been in years! (I will be meeting up with my old housemate from Korea 'Ian'.... So I expect to remember only segments of my trip!)

So I am having to take out the basic insurance and get a copy of whatever replaced the old E111 and hope for the best.... Sucks eh?

Oh yes....There is a new cinema complex/ice rink planned for Widnes by the way - so there's an incentive for some of you to come and visit me when I move!

Snuggles and autumnal colours...

2 Comments:

  • At 8:35 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 8:27 pm, Blogger kodeureum said…

    Mark, delete those anonymous comments ASAP. I hope you remember this old codger, by the way. I just got back the painiting I did from my balcony that's in the Christmas snap of you and Ella; the institute where it was hanging closed at the end of October. So you're meeting Ian in Prague? I was wondering where he's been. Do say hi for me, or better yet provide some sort of contact info. You can post a comment on my blog. I haven't seen him since I asked him to return my Elvis '56 cd. He returned it with a note attached to the front desk in that now defunct institute and subsequently DISAPPEARED!

    Gord

     

Post a Comment

<< Home