Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Friday, October 27, 2006

Friday feelings...

Hello Bloggestanians,

I am still manically preparing for my Korean friend's visit....I can't remember most of the Korean I learned over there.....But I can still read it! I wonder if she will be able to use a knife and fork? I remember a lot of people out there can't....Just like we are crap at using chopsticks.

I SO hope she isn't disappointed by the food over here. Perhaps I worry too much. Anyway the itinary changes by the day...I now have to find a hotel in Cambridge for us to stay in.

I may book into the hotel the rest of my volleyball team are staying at - I initially didn't because I thought I wouldbe staying at a friends. Perhaps they will still give me the competitor's discount!

Well then...another day another dollar (I wish I got that much!) Thanks for the emails about the kittens...they seem to have become something of a cyber cult!

They came back form their op and were a big wobbly and stretchy but were soon running about (if falling over a bit) and were eating like a North Korean beggar in Waitrose.

They are not allowed outside for a couple of days which they are finding frustrating - but they'll survive. They are getting extra love and snuggles from everyone.

I have been at Walsall Council the last couple of days which is allowing me to get my olive fix from the nearby Morrissons...I hope someday they will find olives are a superfood...

Yesterday was good. After work I met up with Ak (we got back to way back when) in the Wharf Bar, next the new art gallery, and chatted about old times...( Then I had to leave to play badminton and only 7 turned up....So we didn't even use al the courts we had paid for.)

Ak and I can never remember when people we knew lives where and when and what year we all went to France/Holland or wherever...But we did work out Nathalie has now been in the UK for 10 years and that must be an excuse for a party.

So what news? Apart from the norm.... I am off to Newcastle on Wednesday for outpatients. I want to get it over so HOPEFULLY I won't have to take any time off when I start the new job. I will go up on Wednesday, see Sarah and stay in High Heaton and come back Thursday...

The people at Halton Council have been an ad on the intranet for me (I'm looking for a cardboard box to stay in.).....

Friday night....have a lovely one...whatever you get up to.
Oh yes....If anyone wants to sponsor this site let me know and I will put a link on each entry in return for a donation to charity.

Oooh talking of which here are some links HALTON COUNCIL
MY PICS, MY MUSIC, WALSALL COUNCIL, NORTH KOREAN NEWS AGENCY

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home