Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Walk The Walk....


Hiya,

I have had a couple of emails asking how I am coping with the OB (organ rejection)....

Well the days I feel up to it I am walking somewhere at lunchtimes (normally to pick up a prescription or to return a CD to the library..) It is only a few hundred yards...but it is a start!

I fine in a small way this makes feel better about myself and physically in less discomfort the following day.....I definitely feel better than I did two weeks ago...

Until they find a way of improving my lung function I must make sure my body copes best with what I have..I'm sure its all about mind over matter.

I met a guy at outpatients who I had played voilleyball with in November.....He told me he had had chronic rejection too a few years ago and had gradually seen improvements. He used swimming to build back up...

This is more positive than a pure medical opinion as I always need stuff to cling to. A man without hope is a man without life....

I am now getting someone to dust for me weekly as the cleaning materials make me feel short of breath and dust is bad news.....It is only for half an hour so is really cheap....

A bientot from Halton (where is all happens!) Busy day today as I am the only press officer in the office and its deadline day for the weekly papers.....

Pixie Love.... xxxxx

3 Comments:

  • At 6:14 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Mark! I´m Marta (Richs girlfriend). I hope you are allright. I´m in Buenos Aires now, so its very hot now!34ºC!!
    a big hug!!
    Marta

     
  • At 6:17 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Marcos!! I`m Marta (Rich s Girlfriend) I´m in Buenos Aires, so..its so hot now!! 34ºC. I hope you are allright..
    A big hug!! Marty

     
  • At 8:38 pm, Blogger Mark said…

    Hey Marta....You lucky thing! So hot (and the weather lol) So when you coming back to the UK to see us all then? x

     

Post a Comment

<< Home