Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Different Strokes


Hello,

Well it was a fine old start to the new year. I went for my regular check-up at Liverpool Heart and Chest Hospital.. And got ill, my lung capacity went down to 17 per cent and I was admitted.
Apparently it was a virius.....

I was put on IVs, nebulisers and (in theory) a high protein diet and physio and soon started to improve - after 10 boring, very boring, very very boring days I got out...

At least I missed all that snow - and was nice and warm. Especially as my radiotors were on the blink at home!
I got out in time for the Halton's Got Talent 2 Showcase on the Friday and Sarah coming up to stay. Chillaxing weekend in Widnes, Cheshire Oaks and Chester....

I found when I started back at the gym I did 2 hours (more than an hour on teh bike) and feel my lung capacity must have rised past the 22 per cent it was when I left hospital..

My blood sugar levels which has gone mad after an increase in my steroids have levelled out - and I can acutally go a whole lenght of the pool without stopping again...

Things are slowly but slowly getting back to normal...

I went to see Rob and Sarah at the weelend and we watched b-movies, drank wine and walked to the local pub - we didn't eat much, because we forgot - but it was cool..

I retuned to find the information for the European Transplant Games in Vaxjo, Sweden - something to aim for.. I will be representing the UK... in June.....
- Now sitting in front of Midsomer Murders with mulled wine.. hmmm xx


Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home