Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Halton's Got Talent, Ashes and GPs



Hello Bloggettes,
How goes it? Well, as ever, it has been busy in Mark-ville.. A couple of weeks ago I was a judge on Halton's Got Talent - see local press/Facebook/on-line media.... It was great fun..

It is strange having the power, along with four others, to make or break someone's career.. So we were unbelievably fair and the right people came in the top three...

I tried to give everyone constructive criticism... It was fun to be in the company of such talented people (and not JUST the judges!)

Last week I started with a little chest infection - with my medical history it is important to nip such things in the bud.. So I keep exercising every day and took the new tablets...
At the weekend (apart from enjoying the fantastic win in the Ashes) I spent the time back in rural Staffordshire - Our own cricket match was cancelled - so the pub called..

On Monday I was at a training course in Solihull - strangely enough (and this always happens) there were people there who knew people I knew...

I am now well versed (if you excuse the pun) in how to promote Bookstart to the media masses..And I will - when I get the time...

Today I returned to the GP - as commanded - as always when I have an infection by kidney function is slightly lower.. So they gave me more tablets and I will have more tests...yawn.

Hey, but at least there is a hot girl at the pharmacy!

Well only a week and a half til the Transplant Games in Coventry - and a place in Sweden at stake I have to perform... SO need to be top of my game again...

So I will be up at 6am as usual each day for my alternate swim or gym session.. Eeek. EEEEK.

This weekend is full as ever so had better get some stuff done... Going to be reviewing the new album by the bloke from ABBA soon.. Benny-tastic or Bjorn again?
Oh and thanks for the emails when I wrote about the German connection - will keep you informed!

Hugs x





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home