Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Thursday, March 03, 2005

Media Mania, Tony Parsons and Joy Division

Bloggerisms!

Well this little column has been getting a bit of media attention of late…If you don’t know..you soon will!

It’s been a week of visitors and visiting….I like seeing people, but it’s so tiring.

My Uncle and Aunt are going to be presented to medical students as the ideal modern retired couple, with all their activities and projects…Goldfish or guinea pigs?

Today I met Mrs P in Wetherspoons in Cannock for a latte and told her how this time last month my hospital room looked like a crime scene because of all the blood.

I hope she doesn’t have nightmares. She is a remarkably together person.

It looks like I will have to go to Brum tomorrow for breathing tests. I was hoping the consultants would veto the tests, at the risk of projective blood vomit.

But looks like they want the results…its an hour of blowing into things, sucking things, breathing into things, blood being taken and a lot of hacking my guts up.

I got a call from Newcastle today…but it was ‘only’ because BBC are doing a documentary on before/during/after patients and the docs think I would be a good subject.

Every time I hear someone from Newcastle on the phone I gesture towards my chest and my heart shouts ‘I’m gonna get two breathing friends soon!’

It is such a coincidence because a radio station are interested in me recording an MP3 diary of what it is like waiting for a transplant. The more the better. AWARENESS

*Big hi to the waitress in Burntwood who said: “I read your blog” when she served me the other week by the way…It made me feel really good.

Since I only do one weekly newspaper piece nowadays I really miss the power of writing….and communicating (as well as not being knackered and coughing my guts up every few minutes of course)

Thought for the day….Someone somewhere analyses phlegm for a living!

Reading: For My Baby by Tony Parsons (it is about a person who fell in love while teaching English in the Far East…. Ring any bells?)

Music: Joy Division, Kaiser Chiefs, Psych (Korean hip-hop!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home