Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Icelandic Dreams


Bloggeroonies,

I have been a busy little beaver since we last conversed. 'No change there' goes the cry from the multitude....(or maybe not...)

On Saturday we hit Brownhills....a strange place with one redeeming feature....A large outdoor market with plenty of coffee stands and knocked-off CDs.

Not knowing when I could be stuck in a hospital for two months I have to be very organised as far as buying presents is concerned.

I just about finished my Christmas shopping today (don't worry I only got some nik naks from the market...your presents won't all fall apart on first useage!)

I did get a tiny MP3 player. I wanted a small, no frills one basically to transfer files between laptop PC...As I do all my composing on the laptop, but don't have internet access on it. So if I want to send or burn anything it has to be on the PC.

Click here by the way to read my review on the new Andy Bell album CLICK

I got back to watch the England match...shouldn't have bothered. They never play well when I watch them on TV...I should just follow it on WAP or teletext!

If anyone did the Test The Nation test on Saturday night let me know your score and I'll let you know mine...weren't the general public thick?

On Sunday I had to cut short my drinks with the 'usual suspects' as it was Gracie's Christening in Heath Hayes....Oh the irony of a Baptism in such an unGodly place!

There were lots of small children running around and the vicar and his assistant were remarkably good with them. I would have slapped at least a couple!

We then went to the Winding Wheel pub for a buffet. It is a bit of a smoke hole so we didn't stay long as I was choking and hacking away and starting to suffer.

Sunday nights is one of my writing nights. I have the village news deadline on Monday and the week befores was the longest ever I think. It just wrote itself.

Monday started the long slog towards getting a dermatologist to look at my dry skin so I can get back on that transplant list. (I have been off the list for 5 days now.)

If enough people know how important it is I figured I would eventually succeed. Big up to Jo at Heartlands who got me an appoitment in Solihull (Solihell?) tomorrow!

We hit Lichfield on Monday and it was one of those days when I ran into (well walked into) several people I knew. today these included Abi (who used to work at the PG -Hello Abi!

Tudor Tunes had one of those 3 for a quid sales on and I got 15 assorted singles and albums including Telepopmusik, a Polydor complilation, some Ryan Adams,(not Bryan!)

.....Ben Folds, Missy Elliott, Sovreign, Funeral For A Friend, Death From Above, Leaves, Dogs and a wonderful Mute sampler which includes Nick Cave and Erasure.

I got the Dead 60s album and a Lennon tribute CD on Saturday and a Brian Eno one today so I need some long winter evenings to get through it all!

I went to Cannock today and bumped into Gemma - Hello Gemma! - and then a woman doing a survey who offered me £3 Boots voucher for 15 minutes of my time.

I am easily bought...Faust anyone? You can have my soul for a Moby album and some Fisherman's Friends you know!

Then I had an appointment with Work Assist lady....Although I cannot claim Job Seekers' Allowance or Incapacity Benefit (its a long story but because I was out of the country for 3 years all my previous contributions counts as nothing..) they can help put things in place for getting back to work post-transplant. Nice people!

Walking into Cannock Job Centre though is so depressing. It is full of dead-heads and swearing chavs. There was a pretty girl reading a book on cats. Hello Catgirl! We exchanged 'what the hell are we doing here' glances! lol

*It is Jo+80 long-term Bloggites and day 562 since I first went on transplant list.

*Big hello for my Korean friends, particularly Bruce and his little students who are eating my biscuits in a classroom in Masan right now!

*Bizarre dream last night. I was a teacher in Iceland (the country, not the shop!) and I couldn't find my classroom. When I did apparently I hadn't turned up for weeks and they wanted to know where I'd been. The pupils were all characters from TV's Sugar Rush....

Click here to see my photos CLICK
Click here to see my homepage CLICK

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home