Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Sunday, September 25, 2005

Hair, Air and Huge Underwear!

*I was on BBC Radio WM this morning (Monday) talking about proposed changes to the laws on transplant donation. They are proposing the 'opt out' system where its assumed everyone will be a donor unless they express and wish otherwise. This is a tremendous idea, but with our Parliamentary system may take years to come into law. Keep the faith!


Bloggettes,

The Korean flag, called "Tae Kuk," symbolises the thought, philosophy, and mysticism of the Far East. Its a really cool flag methinks...Google it - loads of history!

That's my 'Thought For The Day' bit over with children. Now for the news...

I have just sent in my fifth column for the E&S. I want them to have some in hand for when I have the operation and am 'out of action' for a while...

The first one has gone in. It was a background piece on what it's like 'on the list' waiting for transplant....etc etc...

I am trying to put my opinions in there, but also to highlight local people of interest....Any feedback would be useful!

I am seeing a bloke tomorrow about an old friary near the village, which is apparently surrounded by controversy (which I think is a kind of weed!)

It is the end of the line for the sheep, wool-fans. A stray electrical lead knocked him over and he shed his wool (a kind of lamb-opecia?)

On Thursday I went for a haircut at 'Top Cuts' - I asked Miss S just to make me 'trendy' - Haircuts are good things....having someone else wash your hair is great + you pick up all the local gossip.

My hairdressed Miss S has a new haircut herself. It's wavy and looks really good on her but she won't go out with it like that because she only 'pulls men' when it is straight apparently....

I suppose its like 'lucky pants syndrome' - It made me laugh anyway...bless.

Mum and I then tottles intop Lichfield. The sum was shining and everything was ok. I even saw Miss J at H&B - which always perks up my day.

I went to Cannock Library and got an album by Air out and bought a CD of monk chants from Burton's (Yes, the clothes place!)....crazy world.

I spent Saturday afternoon at Brownhills (oh purgatory come hither!)

For the uninitiated Brownhills Market is an...erm...experience! Grown men standing on top of stalls selling handbags for a quid; men in hoods selling CDs, DVDs and tights (yes....I never understood the tights bit either)

It is good for me because the bank machine is in town which is a short hill away from the stalls....so I get my exercise...

There is a stall which sells underwear for obese people....One day I will take a pic and put it on here...

Saturday evening I met up with V and C and C.McG for a meal...

It was very pleasant. We have such bizarre professions there are always stories to tell. AND V+C have Charlotte and Izzy, two highly individual cats....

C.McG told us of a story in her paper about a dog which thought it was a cow. It grazed and lived in a feild...It hadn't started mooing - yet! Fantastic...

Today (Sunday) M McG and T (I knew M McG in Korea) came over. Her b/f T comes from Stafford so they popped in on the way back to Nottingham.

After I left it was one of those afternoons where I was too sleepy to so much, but not sleepy enough to sleep...(!?)

If I do sleep in the afternoon I wake up coughing and it isn't very pleasant so I try not to anyway....I followed the cricket on teletext instead! lol

My dreams have been getting even more bizarre than usual this week. In one dream I was travelling in South America somewhere with the lovely JT (Hello to Sutton College!) and we were trying to set up a school, but people kept turning the classrooms into bedrooms.....on

I posted off some packages this week. So Mr B, Miss K and Miss E, let me know what you think!

I also replied to all those little Koreans who wrote to me to help them with their English...

Oh congratulations to K.S whose boyfriend proposed to her underwater - he even presented the ring under the sea, in a teabag!

And happy new house to H.C who has moved to 'Smelly Joke' in Brum...

*It is Jo+63 long-term Bloggites and day 546 for me on the transplant list....

Book: Gridlock by Ben Elton
Music: KT Tunstall, Air, Goldfrapp

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home