Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Sunday, October 02, 2005

Faggots and Mash


Hiya Bloggettes,

Pic: Faggots and mash

On Thursday I got a call from LH one of the transplant coordinators up in Newcastle - just to see how things are going...

She recently got back from taking a team to the transplant games in Canada. Knowing my luck, if I wanted to compete they'd be in Stoke!

I went to Rugeley and met mum in the cafe in the market hall. But it was so smoky. We will have to stop meeting there.

People were smoking with babies again. (They were not actually rolling up babies and making them into cigarettes, I mean smoking near babies - LOL)

Saw feisty Russians Tatu on Frank Skinner Show...It almost stole the thunder of Warney and Flintoff who also appeared. I bet Warney got one of Tatu's mobile numbers!

I went to Cannock On Friday and felt a bit rough. I went on a mission as there was meant to be a Record and CD sale at the Prince Of Wales Centre....It never happened.

But they were giving free Express & Stars out in the town centre. And my second feature. The one about blogging was in. Its a great feeling to have people reading my opinions and scribblings again...

I got a book out from the library to help with my research into Nunswell Park. I have already dug up intrigue, murder, Saxon princesses, kings, nuns and monks.

In the evening some of the neighbours (our neighbours not Ramsey Street!) went to a Black Country evening in Lichfield.

I couldn't manage that, obviously. But we were invited to partake of faggots, peas and mash Chez Nokes. It was a fine feast and the wine flowed...

I had some vino-induced dream about being on a cricket tour but MH (Matt Boy Slim) who I was at school with was in my room so I had to change and ended up sharing with a strict French librarian who scared me.

I spent the rest of the holiday (in my dream) trying to find someone to take this woman out so I could have the room back....

Faggot dreams eh? Or is that something else entirely?! (Perhaps M can enlighten us after his little trip to Italy?)

On Saturday my friend CS came round. It was good to catch up as although we have known each other for about 10 years we don't catch up nearly enough.

We drank three cups of coffee each and I think I was still buzzing when I hit the Park Gate again with G, D and M (the usual suspects) on Sunday lunchtime.

*It is Jo+71 long-term Bloggites and day 553 for me on the transplant list....

Click here to e-mail me

Click here to see my photos

Book: Gridlock by Ben Elton (finally finished it!)
Music: Monastery Of Sound

1 Comments:

  • At 8:50 pm, Blogger Kiera said…

    The spammers are out in force.

    Thanks for your comment on my brand new blog.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home