Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Floggy Blog and Goldberg

*** The first of my new columns is in the Express & Star today - Saturday

Blogettes,

This is what happened when Kirsty sent me a sheep with magical growing wool! The pictures are from top to bottom 1pm, 5pm and 1pm the next day!

Is that the best white-ram afro you have ever seen?...










I was going to name it Flossy, then someone asked if I was going to put 'Floggy' on my blog...so 'Floggy' it became

Apart from growing my own sheep (gosh I ought to get out more) What have I been up to?

The ever-lovely Miss G from next door came round on Sunday night. Always good to have a natter!

Then on Monday BB and JB came over from Brum and we 'did' Lidl and McDonalds (shame on me, I know)...My excuse was I had to go into the E&S office in Cannock.

Lichfield and Tamworth College STILL hasn't enabled the PCs for me to do my webdesign exam. So I am STILL enjoying just messing around...I am learning more this way anyway...

But its been about three months since I passed the last module of the Clait Plus and I still haven't got the certificate. There again it was about 4 months before I got my ECDL....How ironic is it that IT courses take the longest to administer?

On Tuesday JD and EV came over with their huge dog 'Joe'. JD's family and ours used to go on holiday together when we were all knee high to a grasshopper.

Our mums went to college together and dads got on like a house on fire...

J and I used to terrorise the table-tennis tables of Spain and France. Of course it was only a ploy to try and get off with the cute Frenchies....lol

Anyway we all went up to the PG for lunch. I find I can walk there and back now. It takes me a while, but I have the time. Its good exercise.

And the beer or coffee at the end of it is good motivation. It also keeps the old pedometer busy!

On Wednesday it was hospital day again. SO we got up at 6.30am (my body doesn't recognise this as a real time anymore) and mum filled the car with the oxygen and overnight things - in case we get the call to Newcastle while we were there.

I got prodded and poked and had to blow into things and all the usual stuff. There are some minor things that may need more attention down the line, but nothing major to report...I am always paranoid I will be put on more IVs....

Radio WM phoned and want to do a telephone interview with me on the Adrian Goldberg Breakfast Show on either Thursday or Friday this week....I will put it on here when I know. Anyone not in the area will be able to catch it via the BBC website.

*It is Jo+59 long-term Bloggites and day 542 for me on the transplant list....

Petrol Update: 89p per litre for unleaded at ASDA

Book: Gridlock by Ben Elton
Music: KT Tunstall, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Goldfrapp

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home