Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Friday, September 09, 2005

Hippy Chick, Elderly Stick and Mrs Smith!



Blogettes!

Firstly I thought I would take a piccie of my dinner tonight...just so you can see WHY I am putting on weight! lol

Yesterday we went to Stafford and I found an exellent source of Hello Kitty stuff....so stocked up! Why is Hello Kitty so cute? Perhaps Smarties have the answer!

Well I have bought some of your Christmas presents there anyway!

I went to ASDA on the way home to try and get a copy of the 'new look' Express & Star. The Stafford edition has been relaunched since I worked there. I wanted to see what kind of stuff the new columnists they have there write about...

While I was waiting therew I saw Jo A's mum and Mandy's man's mum (who recognised me from the TV) Gosh..and gosh again. (Gosh!)

Today I went to Cannock and bumped into H.C who I haven't seen in yonks and we had a good natter at George and Berties - a cafe frequented by old people.

It did look like God's waiting room today and we found two seats outside..

A man asked if her could have the chairs next to us and then sat two women down there - who seemed to just stare at us...

Then he glared at us....We have no idea what he wanted (apart from us to finish out coffees and give him the seat)

Since I am on oxygen and H.C had just come off a long shift I think we deserved a rest! Blooming old people giving us stick eh? Well there's a piece for a column...

Congratulations to H.C who has been accepted to do her Doctorate at Aston Uni and will be funding it by lecturing to the undergrads..Wow...my friend the doctor.

I reckon she must be the first Hednesford woman to achieve such a level of education!

In the evening mum and I went to see Mrs S who was my age during WWII (wow!) She has given us a picture of herself to use for the 60th anniversary of the end of the war party happening in October...

She is such a strong woman and so self-sufficient. She had a strong faith and I guess that keeps her going...

She has a few choice words to say about the NHS....and I can't argue with tha..She speaks common sense!

Her neighbour (who I used to deliver papers to when I was a lad) refused an inside toilet and still collected water from a well and heated bricks in an oven...

Gentleshaw is a village time forgot....And perhaps its not a bad thing...The elderly there all seem to live to a ripe old age! (I have just realised what a silly statement that is but....nevermind!)

Come on England..come on rain too!
Jo+47 and day 530 on the transplant list....

Click here to e-mail me

Click here to see my photos

MUSIC: Royksopp, Linkin Park
BOOK 'According To Queeney' by Beryl Bainbridge

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home