Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Mark does Tai-Chi and Filmed for TV


Bloggers/Bloggettes/Munchkins etc....etc....

Welcome to a 'not very interesting' few days. But in the true spirit of historical chonicling (and the fact I have a few minutes) .....I will continue.

I have found a video from my leaving party in 1992 before I went to live in Holland. Some of you who read this blog are on it including Matt H, Louise B (fomerly C) - someone needs to help me ID the others! The DJ should have been hung too!

The crew are coming tomorrow to wrap up filming for the 'Inside Out' docu (more on this later)-and want me to find out some old footage of me on video - I think this is about all I have for them.

Wednesday - after my usual mini-workour (I am embarassed to call it a workout because it is still very limited) I did a 'Body Balance' class, which is a combination of yoga, tai-chi (?) and pilates.

How do some of these women get so bendy?

It was quite difficult for me because of the stretching involved and seemed tough on the knees. I am sure it strenghtens me though and I am keen to do another class on Saturday. (my last but one day of my free trial - gulp!)

I was very nervous not to be a total oath and was so glad I didn't fall over - although I came close!!! The best bit was the final 15 minutes when the intstructor put whale music on and I almost fell asleep.

Gymo-Jodie was working out and I saw her as I left. Gosh. People like that have temples for bodies eh? So do I..unfortunately mine is a very broad church!

Then I met the ever-radiant LC in Stafford. There are so many places to eat there now we were spoilt for choice! It was a bit of a munchkin-fest, being school holidays and the like.

I bought the new Sparks album - a review will appear at various places which I will send you links to. (see bottom of blog) There are lots of fluffy bunnies on the front (always a good thing!)

I bought it from HMV (boo!) but got a free sampler CD of tracks from other newly-released albums on there! (Hurray!) - not that I will EVER get around to listening to them!

Then I spent a boring but useful hour looking around the phone shops for a good deal, or at least a better one than I am on now.

The one Rach and Mike have with '3' sounds perfect, but I am just going from shop to shop to see what extras I can have for doing it with them, rather than direct. We shall see...

Wednesday evening Akbar and Nath came round and we had a meal at the Park Gate - £4 per person, sorted! None of us had alcohol AND we walked there and back - (even passed the ghostly wood and Castle Ring!)

The car hunt has moved up a gear now I have come off one more painkiller. There is a place my uncle bought a people-carrier from which we are going to check out on Wednesday.

Next Wednesday will be quite busy! I have in induction at Fitness First in the morning (I am trying out two or three health centres before I splash out on membership!)

Then I have an appointment at Heartlands Hospital at lunchtime and car hunting in the afternoon. 'Golly Gosh' - as Boris Johnson may have said.

I have finished a couple of features and am deciding who to pitch them too at the moment. The piece I did on the Cannock Wood Party went in THE BURNTWOOD POST today.

I have no idea what went in the MERCURY because the lazy paper boy/girl/thing doesn't deliver it still!

Today after my morning gym sesh we saw David (financial advisor) in Walsall. My head is full of tax, investments and wills. I am glad he is clear headed!

There is a huge Indian supermarket near the office, in Walsall, and I indugled in buying fruit I had never heard of, ingredients I had never tasted and even some normal stuff!

Inside Out people are coming round tomorrow (Friday) to finish off filming and hope my segment will be broadcast a week on Monday, 7pm BBC1.(27th!) I also get to go to an editing suite somewhere deep in the Mailbox next week!

Oh yes some great news. I am free of burkholderia multivorans, the bug that did a lot of the damage pre-transplant with my lungs. The last biopsy apparenty showed I am clear of it. This is a very GOOD thing. Burkholderia kills.

CF patients are very open to getting this nasty thing. I am not 100 per cent sure if I got it in Korea or when I came back to Heartlands, seeing the lack of hygiene at the H, my betting is on the latter!

Off to make a smoothie!

Oh yes....please visit CIAO and rate my latest review (on Sparks album) so I get more cash! Thanks CLICK

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home