Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Talking Magpie and Media Madness


Hello Poppets,

How are we this fine morrow.....Now then (say what you see) try and guess my next four words...which are....as usual 'I have been busy'.

Oh yes...for those who saw me cycling this morning. I was wrapped up like an Eskimo because I was damn cold....I know I looked a buffoon but I don't care...so there!

On Sunday I met the usual suspects and in the afternoon took 'the adults' to Amerton Farm where I met the ever-lovely LC and she showed me the rescued animals.

I was particularly impressed by the talking magpie (I kid you not!), some gorgeous baby mices ('mices' sounds better than 'mice' don't you think?) and 'my' golden pheasant (very pleasant).

Monday was my media madness day. As you have probably already read. I spend the day at the BBC in Birmingham putting my input into the final editing of Inside Out.

I got there, via a grim Cannock train, and got to The Mailbox about 10ish. Most of the shops there were not yet open for business (they cater for ladies who lunch)

The ladies who lunch are still reading Elle and Cosmo in bed with the butler(s) at 10am!

Rachel and the rest of the Inside Out people were lovely to me. I also did an interview on Radio Stoke (who want £10 for a copy of the interview on tape!!!!) Radio Stoke? Who are they anyway? (Answers on a postcard please)

I got to experience such delights as the BBC canteen (very cheap and delicious latte-fest) met some people I knew from previous interviews and jobs and sat in on the edit.

I also got a chance to 'read the news' lol Click on the link to see my very pathetic efforts.

Anyway. I watched the whole edpisode of Inside Out through for the first time and we chatted about it. It was quite emotional for me. There was personal stuff there.

I think, as ever with these things, there were whole documentaries of stuff they had to leave out.

I got home in the afternoon and had a busy time ringing round trying to sort out the car insurance, replace my lost railcard (need it for Newcastle on Monday), and transfer money around accounts to get the car maney sorted.

We watched 'IO' in the evening. Again people I DON'T LOOK THAT OLD IN REAL LIFE! A lot of the footage was taklen when I was at my most ill and desperate for a tranpslant and therefore was quite shocking....golly gosh indeedy.

Today I had a dentist appointment. Mr Urin has been replaced by Miss Sam Brown (who is a lot more pleasant to look at, no offence to Mr Urin!)

I had forgotten it was (is) Pancake Day (Shrove Tuesday - the start of the Christian festival of Lent) so Lichfield was packed. There was even a fair.

I bought Madonna's new single from Tudor Tunes (for the Pet Shop Boys and Paul Oakenfold Remixes) and the CD from Panic At The Disco.

Oh yes...I also put my review of Johnny Cash's 'American III' on Ciao. So please click on my review and rate it so I earn some cash from it!

My t-shirt arrives from Emily. Its tremendous matey and I shall wear it with pride.

I almost forgot. I had my hair cut today too. Sophie attacked me with hair straighteners in a noble bid to trendify me up a bit.

Thinking of dyeing my hair very dark red. What do you think? (Positive answers only please!)

Here's a quick link to me reading the news at BBC Midlands..he he. Its definitely one for dog-lovers! CLICK HERE

To e-mail me CLICK To read my latest music review CLICK

MUSIC: Panic At The Disco: "I Write Sins Not Tragedies"

1 Comments:

  • At 2:42 pm, Blogger Tinypoppet said…

    Yaaay. So glad you like it Mr :) Watched your news bit, you were fab. Did you get an email containing a press release?

    Huge hugs as always you fellow media tart you!! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home