Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Blackpool Rocks!


Blogettes,

Well where to begin?!!! Last week – gosh it seems like months ago. I had an interview for a job as a press officer at Wolverhampton Council.

It went well, and the people seemed nice, but the job went to someone with more experience…..But at least I got down to the last six….I keep plugging away.

I have more applications on the go and an interview in a week or so in Cheshire. I will keep you posted.

West Midlands Police annoyed me by emailing to say a job I spent a day and night filling out a 20 page application for - now did not exist….

It cost them about six months salary to advertise the job in the Guardian in the first place…..Staffs County Council did a similar thing recently.

That’s where our taxes go people into advertising jobs that don’t exist. Fools!

Well the cricket tour took place in Blackpool. But as we have a rule now that most things that happen on tour stay on tour I can’t reveal too much. -Just that it was one of the best tours ever.

Three nights were spent out on the town. The hotel bar didn’t close until breakfast.

We went to tacky bars, gay pubs, The Pleasure Beach, on trams, under benches, got chased by wierdos (yes more weird than us!) 70s and Aussie clubs. I thinkg it was safe to say it rocked!

Isn't there something marvellous about decayed seaside glamour? (Nod and say 'yes Mark')

In a short. 19 people. 4 days. 1 game of cricket (we lost but it was nice to score some runs..not quite back to me old form with a crap Sunday average, but my midweek average ended up at 30 an it has been 7 years since my last game! I think that is pretty damn good thank you!) and lots of alcohol….Now the detox!

I don’t think I have an internal organ still working and my feet have never walked so far (or swelled so much!)…

Back home to job applications, work to catch up on and invoices to write out….I couldn’t get Killers or Scissor Sisters tickets for love nor money either.

Can’t face the gym yet (ache still much) but swam 30 lengths this evening….It’s a start…..What do you want from me? Blood?

1 Comments:

  • At 9:17 pm, Blogger Mark said…

    I met Emma at Blackpool - she rocks....AND has lovely eyes! xxx

     

Post a Comment

<< Home