Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Widnes Catalyst Conversion


Hello Folks/Folkettes,

Still recovering from an evening at the pub in not-so-sunny Staffordshire last night - way too smoky (연기가 자욱한 - as they say in Korea)

There were also way too many bad kareoke attempts (not by me...The ONLY excuse for kareoke is more than a dozen pints and I felt physically full after about five...)

Bizarre week.....One of those where I seemed to either very busy or hanging around waiting for people to get back to me....Life is sometimes frustrating...

I did get to go to the Catalyst Museum (see pic!)- for a youth event (I had to take some pics...I am pretty useless at taking pics, as the drugs make my hand shake!)

But the mayor Cllr Swain showed me the view from the roof and gave me a potted history of Widnes....cool.. The view from the top, especially at sunset is amazing....
(As someone said if I can find beauty in a museum and a power station I have been in Cheshire/Merseyside too long!)

I got mayoral ovedose this week as I was also at a presentation to volunteers in the Coterie Hotel with him on Friday...

I am still desperately missing the gym and being able to go cycling and jogging - the high I got until Christmas after exercise - now already seeming a distant memory...

A lady from the Health and Community side of the Council will be meeting me next week so sort out a limited exercise plan - at least I aim to be fit enough to walk up stairs again soon without breathing like a rapist on heat!

There was a feature about me in the Halton Council in-house magazine and the Widnes World newspaper this week......

Thanks for the texts and emails....The rejection of the lungs is still the same...I am still frustrated nobody seems to have a plan of action for me.....Welcome to the UK eh?

My email pall 'Rain' in the US is having photopheresis, the treatment I mentioned on a previous blog for her rejection at the moment...all the best to her....

At last people in the US seem to be given an action plan of coping with this type of thing...

Well...Saturday night (as Whigfield once sang) and I am givng the kittens some TLC - it was their 10-month birthday last week.....
Probably meeting 'The Usual Suspects' at lunchtime tomorrow and then back to Widnes to watch 'Jay and Silent Bob'...
CLICK to see some of my pics
CLICK to hear some of my techno-pop effots

A beintot, pixieness and ciao babies xxxx

1 Comments:

  • At 1:22 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm glad you're feeling better. Stay that way!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home