Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Lava Lamps and Hippy Chicks

Hiya Bloggedears!

(The one where I announce the arrival of my LAVA LAMP!!)

It seems the most beautiful thing known to man at the moment....and sends me to sleep quicker than Classic FM ever did.

The problem with the radio in bed is just as one is entering the land of nod the news comes and the talking stirs you awake..

A CD is normally not quite long enough to do the trick...so I burned a disc of chill out stuff like Moby and Bjork..

This combined with the laval lamp...now who wants to market that as a package?

As ever the world of Mark is busy..Monday saw Uncle B and Auntie J come round and we encamped to a 'Weederia' (or garden centre, for the uninitiated...)

I requainted myself with the large and floppy golden retreiver who lives outside the coffee shop area...

Notices have appeared asking people not to feed him and he is a shadow of his former self....

He always lies on your toes if he feels you haven't given him enough love! I tried that once but it doesn't work.

Then yesterday....I met Miss H-C and C for lunch at the Park Gate to celebrate H-C's birthday...But my oxygen had to be up high (being in a pub) and I couldn't stay too long as it was running out.....damn and thrice damn.

I went to Lichfield and bought far too many magazines...I get through them so fast while I am doing by nebulisers... and a strange French indie compilation.

French people and guitars just don't go....think 'Telefon' or whatever they were called...but give them a dance manifesto and they can work miracles.....I give you Moon Safari by Air....one of the best albums ever made! Daft Punk ain't bad either....I will keep you informed!

Mr M, who was my first chief reporter way back when, came to collect the MP3 player...Radio WM plan to run the first diary (I must be careful not to write dairy!) piece next week sometime.

I think I have given them way too much stuff, but it is better that way round eh? He said they were pleased with the interview...which is good to hear.

Perhaps when I am fully recovered I could pitch for a job!

Off to do another set of nebulisers and take some more drugs.... xxx (That sounds more pleasurable than it is!)

Music: Leonard Cohen, Erasure, Libertines

1 Comments:

  • At 7:58 pm, Blogger mc said…

    French and guitars don't work??
    I beg to differ.
    Try Noir Désir, Dolly, I don't know..

     

Post a Comment

<< Home