Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Saturday, July 23, 2005

Ashes to Ashes

Bloggeraiders,

Spent enjoyable Saturday at the S family's Ashes Party ....(An excuse to drink lots of alcohol, bet on stupid things and raise money for CWCC!) AND the neighbouring house was where Aussie fast bowler Glenn McGrath's wife's family lived!

As the England wickets fell the empty can mountain grew and the BBQ cackled...all within spitting distance of my abode...(if I was one of those prune spitters who can spit a prune for half a mile or so anyway!)

It was good to get away from the mundane normal Saturday routine. And when I have a few ciders inside me and am watching a random member of the G family do random things...it could just be like old times.....well almost.

My Photo (I need the blonde hair again for it to really be like old times!) Of course I haven't got glasses and rarely have my halo on...but apart from that! Ok, ok I just liked the picture and wanted to get it in somewhere ok!

It was good to see the ever-so-lovely LJS again too! But for some reason I am always ever-so-slightly surprised to see her with black hair. It just hasn't sunk in yet...

I am ever-so-slightly (read highly!) jealous of her London lifestyle. She is on speaking terms with more bands than me....We can't have that can we? You wait until I am ever-so-well girl! lol (The nail thing is in hand by the way)

It was a 'four cylinder' event for me. Which means I took two oxygen cylinders with me. Nipped home for medication (that sounds odd!), nebulisers and the like, and re-filled another two. By the end I was zonked due to the happy rigours of the day!

Me thinks a rigour is a good thing which must be encouraged because I had very bizarre dreams Tim Burton would have loved to bottle and film...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home