Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Media Whoring (part 18)

Bloggedears,

Just a quickie (as the actress said to the bishop!) Firstly there was a page-lead piece about me in the Express & Star yesterday. (pg 20)

It was written by my former colleague Duncan Tift. It was definitely in the Cannock edition but I think it was in all the Staffordshire editions....there was a big picture in too...!

I went in to the office this afternoon to see if it has been in....The receptionist told me it hadn't..They soon after getting home H.S (of the 60th birthday fame) came round with a copy of yesterday's paper!

So I went back and had a chat with the reporters, most of whom I knew and they sorted me out a few copies..

DT said he was surprised head office hadn't been in touch yet about my forthcoming column.....big cogs turn very slowly I expect!

Talking of the Express & Star. Another former colleague P.B (who I actually went to school with) has a sister called Ruth who married an American.(MrB)

He is a singer/songwriter over there across the pond and has sent a link to his album he is trying to get publicity for.

It is http://www.purevolume.com/brooklndekker

I must confess I haven't had time to check it out yet....so let me know if it's any good!

Music: The Boo Radleys - Wake Up!
Book: The Shipping Forecast by Charlie Connelly
(I know its been ages!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home