Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Monday, July 18, 2005

Sleepy Sunday and Smiley Lichfield Girl

Bloggettes,

Sorry for everyone I didn't e-mail about my apprearance on BBC's Midlands Today... It was broadcast on July 4th....No I don't know if archive broadcasts are on the net...IF anyone knows please send me a link!

So what has been happening? Well I am not enjoying all the nebulisers, antibiotics etc I have to take and physio to be done before I leave the house.

After so many months I never thought I would still be waiting. Later this week is a YEAR since my last false alaerm (when I was up in Newcastle-upon-Tyne, washed, shaved and ready for the op before it was cancelled.)

That came three days after another false alarm - another five hour trip to Newcastle, all very exciting, but non-productive.

Anyway...I met the S family in the PG on Sunday for a good chinwag and drinks. Then I met the EW, AW and DW (formerly DM) for more drinks and food.

By the time the afternoon was not too old I was home on the settee asleep.

My nebulisers and antibiotics were taken rather late that evening!(Ssssh don't tell the doctors!) I found they don't take so long to administrate when I am 'with' alcohol! (hmmm)

Today I went to Lichfield to photocopy the Express & Star article to send to the BBC people and the Newcastle team and bought a t-shirt from Gilesport.

(I have a theory that the more I am in contact with them (Newcastle) the more my name will come up in their heads when a new set of lungs lands in their lap!)

I was served by a lovely, smiley girl with a happy face. Doesn't that make one's day?! Anyway...she promised to read the blog so I am sending her a hug for making my day!

Talking of things female...I wish I had the energy to have some sort of love life on the go...

Web design evening class tonight (that really sounds more technical than it is!) so I really need to get my brain working!

At least my PC is behaving today. Yesterday I was trying to send my Village News piece to the Mercury all evening...(I deserve good Karma....honest I do after the effort to get this sent off every Sunday!)

I was SO tempted to give it a 'technicians' tap' (ie a thump! but decided to laugh at its error messages, unplug it (he he - that will teach it!) and lay down to listen to the Kaiser Chiefs album....(I am easily pleased!)

Happy 65th Birthday to JB (as in JB and BB) for tomorrow

Click here to e-mail me

Click here to see my photos

Music: Keane, Kaiser Chiefs, Moby

2 Comments:

  • At 8:54 pm, Blogger Mark said…

    That's the problem with having too JBs among my Blogettes! :)

     
  • At 8:55 pm, Blogger Mark said…

    I meant 'TWO JBs'- gosh my spelling has gone to pot...neeeeed coffffeeee!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home