Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Brownhills and Hard Drives.

Bloggeroonies,

Today I got a call from my transplant team in Newcastle...(Deep breathe in) but not to offer me new lungs....

I had written to them about some of the media stuff I am doing and it was just a social call....(You can exhale now)

At least it keeps me in their mind... :) (Good thing!)

Tuesday saw my regular jaunt to the freakshow some call Brownhills Market...(ah the joy - smell the sarcasm, or is that just cheap mobile van market coffee?)

I was meant to go to Mrs S's for dinner but she cancelled so I toggled along with mum to TG Max(X?) in Stafford. It is spanking new and next to a PC World...

They are strange bedfellows those two places. The former contained trendy people looking for bargains, the latter the terminal(ly) untrendy looking to increase the size of their hard drives...(ooer missus!)

I bounced between the two (like that spacehopper that I am still to use)....That just about sums me up really! :) lol

Today I saw Vickie P (also of a 'Tale Of Two Vickies' keen observers of this blog will note) and Baby G...

We ambled down to the PG for coffee and saw several people for a chat....The PG is just about the right distance away to give me exercise without exhausting me too much...

It is also nice to bump into village folk. We watched some horses jumping (with people on them) and saw lots of people walking/pushing babies...

I have concluded babies are like kittens...only not as cute or clever....
Gardening buffs will no doubt be thrilled we will be eating potatoes grown in our back garden tonight (Don't all leap around in ecstasy at once ok!)

JB seemed to have had a good birthay by the way and actually seemed kind of sober when I rang up in the evening.

*LJS.....I enjoyed our little textathon this morning!

*If anyone of you caring, sharing people knows why I can get my animations and fancy graphics to work on the college computers (which use XL and Microsoft Frontpage) but most of you can't see it on the site, just empty white boxes with small red crosses in) please let me know...grrrrr

Also I did a survey to gauge people's opinion of this site and copies and pasted the HTML code over and the blogsite didn't seem to recignise it....ho hum...

Music: Q Magazine's Summer Compilation (includes Magic Numbers and such jollies)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home