Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Monday, July 04, 2005

Mark's Media-ndering

Bloggerettes,

Hello there. What a whistlestop few days! If you missed the Midlands Today TV broadcast where I am interviewed you can view it at

http://www.bbc.co.uk/england/midlandstoday/

Click on 'watch the latest programme' (you may have to fast forward past the headlines)

It was the headline at 1.30pm....longer versions appeared on the 6.30pm and 10.30pm slots too! But I think it only stays on the site for a day so get clicking! (Does pink suit me?)

Another update. I am being interviewed on Radio WM on Friday (9th July) at 8.50am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/england/radiowm/

I was also interviewed for the Express and Star...(Tuesday) This is ironic as they vae avoided doing anything on my probs until it was on TV, despite me always sending stuff to them first as I used to work for them!

But if they do give me this column I can redress the balance!

All this will hopefully encourage everyone to get on that donor register. Did you know in the UK for are more likely to need an organ than donate one!? Food for thought.

Anyway the BBC TV folks who came round were very professional...The correspondent was Michele Paduano. The cameraman actually lives in my village....How bizarre!

So apart from all that (!!!) What has been happening? Well its been almost a year now since my last false alarm (shaved and ready for the operation in Newcastle)..

I am thinking therefore that this may be a busy time of the year....so keep watching this space..If these updates stop coming....you know where I am!

I am now in contact with an inspiring CF man who has a double lung transplant in 2003 and has entered the London Triathlon...He does 12km runs for fun!

Before the op he was in a wheelchair and unable to do much for himself. Stories like this are always a morale boost for people on the list like myself.

Oh yes....the 'Life On The List' documentary is now at the editing stage (3rd week in August, Monday to Friday 7pm BBC1) and I get regular updates by text.

I am still doing a video diary for them and sending off tapes...

Big hugs to everyone who texted me after seeing the piece on the luncthime bulletin by the way....I love your support...and will wear it always. lol

Good luck for members of my Daily Telegraph fantasy cricket team who do battle tonight! (I got the grand total of one point yesterday :( as only one man played and didn't bat or make any catches...:(

Oh yes (2)....My photo site is at http://groups.msn.com/marksucks

Things not to say at Live8 "The spread backstage was good." As one luvvie said: "Make Poverty Histioric!"

Music: Kraftwerk - Der Mix
Book: Shipping Forecast by Charlie Connelly

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home