Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Thursday, June 30, 2005

Dutch Pancakes and Silly Subs


Blogorutionaries,

Hospital day yesterday....Up early, car full of 'Newcastle' stuff. Usual probs!

My lung function was up again...it has risen for six or seven months on the trott and now at its highest point for well over a year.

The consultants changed one antibiotic. The problems the CF causes in me are mainly to do with two 'evil' bugs. I wasn't on anything to attack the most common of these.

Well I am now!

I went to Cannock today to film some stuff for my videodiary and bumped into Mick, and two Express and Star colleagues.

Duncan (Cannock chief reporter blokey) asked if I wanted to do a monthly column for the paper....I agreed.

The Express and Star is the largest evening paper outside London and I used to work there full-time before I went travelling.

I may use it to highlight the fact I can't claim jobseekers allowance or incapacity benefit - all because I was out of the country for more than two years.

When I got home I noticed the Burntwood Post has published my story about the playground opening....but put someone else's name on it!!!

What is the point in me giving them stories? The tight gits won't pay me so I want at least a byline for my efforts.

This is the same paper that when I gave them a story about the lack of weddings at the local church they put an intro in basically saying how I was moved by the plight of the church....like I am some kind of campaigner.

No wonder people don't read the media like they used to....

I did see a man from Utrecht, my old hometown in Holland, selling pancakes in Cannock. There was a European Market in the town centre...very cosmo!

2 Comments:

  • At 1:14 am, Blogger taos said…

    Damn right, you should get at least a byline for your efforts if they aren't going to pay you! Hang in there, kid. You're a winner.

     
  • At 8:02 pm, Blogger Mark said…

    My friend Berangere...So good to hear from you...see B's lovely pics at....
    http://groups.msn.com/marksucks/berangere.msnw?albumlist=2

    Hope to chat to you soon hon...

    MARK xxx

     

Post a Comment

<< Home