Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Sunday, June 26, 2005

Village Politics

Bloggerettes,

Saturday was the official opening of the children's playground in the village that Dad had done a lot of fundraising for.

The chairman of Cannock Chase District Council cut the ribbon and Councillor Pat Ansell said a little speech.

But there was a moany, groany fat man who stood by the pavillion filming the whole event and grumbling about the village news I write (not knowing I write it!)

He complained I had said people were complaining that dog's foul the field and if I spoke to dog-walkers I would 'know' there aren't enough bins for them...

Well why doesn't he get up off his fat arse and donate one himself. He was also complaining about the parish council.....Well why doesn't he stand himself...

(Of course stand is the wrong word for a man mroe round than Mr Round of Roundshire....)

Anyway...it was nice to see so many people there....including a red-headed girl I hadn't seen before...Well one has to have an aim doesn't one?!

I managed to walk all the way down to the village hall for a tea afterwards and home. I think my health is definitely easier to manage in the sun...as is life!

In the evening mum and I went to a Hog Roast in Gentleshaw in aid of the George Meredith Trust....It seems half the village was there...

As with most of these 'social' affairs...everyone seemed to be much older or younger than me....It was Saturday night after all...If only I was able to get out...

I drank a whole bottle of red wine and chatted to anyone who came near me!

We watched that 'Girl In The Cafe' made for TV film with Bill Nighy in it...written by Richard 'Four Weddings' Curtis...It was way too worthy and precious for prime-timeTV...but there again, most people with taste would be out drinking at that time!

Today I met the usual suspect for drinkies at the PG... Mr and Mrs W joined us and we all sat outside in the sun....The world DOES look better in the sun.

My fantasy cricket team actually got a negative score today....only two were playing and one got a duck! Doh! What was that about life looking better?

Music: The Eels
Book: The Shipping Forecast - Charlie Connelly

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home