Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Sunday, August 21, 2005

Pitmen and the BBC


Bloggerinas,

As you can see I went to watch Hednesford Town FC play Hinckley United on Saturday....Uncle (or H!) is a season ticket holder and I went along. The usn was shining and it was fine way to spend tha afternoon....I may not be there in the snow and rain but this end of the season (while the players still have energy and are trying to impress) it's good fun... I think the player shown is Andy Bell (last season's goal wizard and not the same Andy Bell that sings in Erasure or plays guitar for Oasis) ...but I may be wrong!) Hednesford lost 4:3 but it was nice of Uncle D to take me....He had a good time too as the other side of us was the mum of one of his favourite players....

'Life On The List' (the programme about people waiting for transplants) begins this week, every night from 7pm on BBC1...But it doesn't look as if our bit is to be featured after all....

It was all edited and in place but 'them from above' decreed there had to be so many ethnic minorities on the show...you know how silly the BBC is over things like this....I think there has to be at least 10 times the ethnic minorities on TV than exist in the community and then its called 'representative'!

Anyway....I am still waiting to hear finally...but that's what it looks like has happened.....It is annoying after all we put into that show, all mum put in too especially chatting on camera on how difficult it has been since Dad died...

She was really brave and I am proud of her...

It must be really disappointing for all of you, my friends and family, who were interviewed and gave up their time too....

Lets hope (if it isn't used) they can use it on another show....Our segment is 12 minutes, ready edited (with my selection of music) and would make an ideal 'Inside Out' episode....

On a happier note, Uttoxeter Lora got her grades so Ican't say anything bad about Uttoxeter again....no more jokes about interbreeding and thumbs...I promise....

I went to the cafe over Cannock Chase today and saw the longest line of horses trail past I have seen....Bless...

Oh yes...I am still having a few technical hitches with my new website homepage thingy....be patient....

Good luck Gilesport girl for your move to Burntwood this weekend....Hope you catch that bus on Monday morning!

Snuggles and glitterdust on J + 28

MUSIC: Joy Zipper, Eels
BOOK 'The Lawnmower Celebrity' by Ben Hatch

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home