Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

'Sleepy Juice' And The White Stripes

Bloggettes,

Welcome to J+25 and my pedometer (still found no paedophiles with it!) is working overtime! Less than a week until a fortnight of the dreaded IV antibiotics....

Firstly. (Ok secondly, but the last paragraph is 'throwaway') Wasn't the test match one of the most exciting ever (again!) These things couldn't be scripted any better could they...

Anyone who says cricket is boring....is obviously not an adrenalin junkie!

The great expectations for the next test are immense....Shane Warne and the Crocodile Hunter blokey....seperated at birth/mirth/girth?

Uncle D is going to take me to a Hednesford FC football game on Saturday..I think I could do the second half (so I only have to take one oxygen cylinder in.)

I think I will be safe enough....If we get the call it won't be as hard as leaving Old Trafford or Villa Park now will it?

The Conference (North) game will be my first since returning from travelling....

I remember going up to Middlesborough to see The Pitmen lose 3-2 to the Premiership Club..The days of 'two fat Johns' and 'Mighty Joe O'Connor' were heady ones!

The White Stripes...Well firstly I love the band's new single AND overnight I have two strands of white hair at the front of my head....

These, my very own White Stripes, will be named Jack and Meg and I will watch their progress with interest....

A little recipe for those who cannot get off to sleep..

MARK'S SLEEPY JUICE

Ingredients: Cinnamon (use sticks) water, root ginger(fresh if possible), lemon (freshly squeezed)add the zest too.... Boil it all up together and when cooled down put in fridge...(It's not rocket science...but it may taste like rocket fuel if you don't get the mixture right lol)

Before you go to bed heat up a cup of said liquid in the microwave or in a pan and add honey to taste...(Use own bees if you have some!)

Take the 'MSJ' to bed with you....Then if you don't get to sleep at least you have something nice to drink while you are reading/listening to the World Service!


Click here to e-mail me

Click here to see my photos


Music: The Audience (Sophie Ellis-Bextor's old band) + mash ups
Book: Me Talk Pretty One Day - David Sedaris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home