Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Thursday, August 25, 2005

BBC, Aussie Bores and IV Chores

Bloggeranders!

How is it going? Sorry this is a short entry (ooer) as I have a venflon in my right-hand (I am in injecting IV antiobics three times a day at the moment)so am typing one-handed...

On Monday elderly neighbours A and S (S was my first primary school teacher!) needed a rest from S's Aussie brother! Gosh he was hard work...

He came at 7.30pm and stayed until almost 11pm and was sooooo boring! He even showed us pictures of his model boats and pictures on his wall...

He had the cheek to ask how long Dad had been dead for and then tell mum she 'didn't look upset' and carry on regardless.

I used to live just round the cornder from his in Melbourne apparently, but he showed no interest in seeingh photos of my place and if he recognised it...

I hope you are all watching 'Life On The List' at 7pm each night this week....Its the one we helped make and soundtrack....

I got a text from BBC John who said 'thousands' had signed up to be donors thanks to the show....how brilliant is that?


Tuesday Vickie P (one of the tale of two Vickies Vs) came with her kiddies...We walked to the PG (I can do that quite well now...knowing there is a coffee at the end of it for me!)

On Wednesday I went to the hospital in Brum for my check-up.....(and deliver another 24-hours of urine! he he)

I knew they were going to start my three-times-a-day IVs....they tried to put a 'long line' in (it looked like a tape worm..)

BUT after painful stabs and blood loss they couldn't get one in and put a normal pin cannula in instead...

It means I can't do a lot with my right hand....and have to keep it dry.... Lets just pray it stays in this time...

The dining room is now full of syringes, needles, drugs and bandages....deja-vu?

Its all worth it if it keeps me top of my game for when my transplant goes ahead and gives the new lungs a better chance of lasting....

My blowing tests were up slightly (again) so things are ok....

BB and JB came today and we 'hit' Lichfield and hit a hailstorm....I sheltered in NatWest with a girl desperately trying to keep her GCSE results dry....She looked about 12...I must be getting old!

J+32 and day 515 on transplant list....

MUSIC: Eels, Green Day, RHCPs, Erasure
BOOK 'The Lawnmower Celebrity' by Ben Hatch

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home