Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Saturday, August 13, 2005

Godmother Ate My Hamster!

Bloggerithms,

How are thee? Well the media circus keeps on rolling eh? I finally got hold of a copy of The Mercury....I look better than that in real life folks! lol

But I STILL haven't heard from the Express and Star about that column they asked me to do...I can't do it if I don't know how long a piece they want, on what and when?

I went to The Stimpsons (as apposed to The Simpsons, although Mr S does look a little like Honer!) do on Saturday.....It was Mr S's 65th, Mrs S's 50th and returement and their daughter C's leaving do - she is going to work in Newcastle.

They also have son's P (C's twin) and Jimbo...It's Jimbo who is getting married next May...to another 'J'who seems nice, as do her family...Dont you just love cute families ..yay!) Gosh does that make any sense?

P, C and Jimbo's mum is my Godmother...(she didn't eat my hamster, I don't have one....but it made a good headline didn't it)

Does that make things any more random? My mum and late father is/were Godparents to Jimbo! Still with me? lol

Anyway.....the rain came down in buckets so the planned do in the garden had a last-minute change-of-venue to Hammerwich WI Hall...

Much drinking and eating followed....and I was quite ready to leave for my nebs at 5.30pm-ish...(not that I had a choice, my oxygen was running low!)

It was nice to get out and meet new people anyway.....Even if the average age there was 94! - just a joke people, ok!

The guy who had the double-lung transplant in 2003 completed the London Triathlon last week.....How amazing is that?

I didn't watch the documentary about the two little girls with CF needing the transplants but a friend from Manchester (my former high school crush Miss J!) sent me a video of a Granada documentary, which was interesting....if depressing!

Luckily there was an episode of Will and Grace on the tape too to cheer me up!

JB and BB came on Thursday and J and I walked to the Park Gate....I am now fit enough to walk to the PG, slowly...perhaps its the lure of beer/coffee (depending on the time of day) that brings out the best/worst in me!

They have a new computer as of this week so I will have to say nice things about them, because they can now read this blog...

Just 11 days until my nest dose of 'nasty' IV antbiotics. One smells of cat pee!

Talking about pee (!) I will have to take in a day's worth of mine (hmmm) when I got the hospital a week on Wednesday. The last lot didn't get tested correctly! Doh!

It is easy to forget that not everyone who analyses stuff in hospitals passed with a First Class Honours....hold on its not VERY EASY to forget!

We have a new digital flat screen TV thingy for the kitchen! The old one seemed to be giving up the ghost and the will to produce pictures...

The new one is clear and seems to be behaving itself. It was only £249 - get one!

Good news on the Fantasy Cricket league....I am actually off the bottom of our little super league! Whoopee!

*Lora from Ciao...I think I CAN find a way for that pedometer to measure calories burned while kissing...but I need some assistance! lol

J.D (who I spent many a childhood holiday with, mainly annoying French people) has started flying lessons..... I will be putting pictorial evidence on my photo site asap!
Click here to e-mail me

Click here to see my photos

Music: Green Day, Offspring, Joy Zipper, Fischerspooner
Book: My Talk Pretty One Day - David Sedaris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home