Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Arctic Monkeys and Icelandic Cod!



Dearest Beloved(s),

The picture is a 'dragon fruit'...

How goes it? Oooh its been a busy week so far. Been rearranging bank accounts, writing letters and generally being a practical personage...

Those few days when I was off the list last week - until my dry skin sorted itself out - I slept so well...It was the first time in 19 months when it was unlikely I would get called in the middle of the night.

In one way it was stressful because we were treading water...in another a burden had been lifted. Its hard to explain.

We could go out WITHOUT planning everything we had to do that day to leave us ready if we got the call while we were out.

When I went to the dermatologist all I had to take was enough oxygen to get me there and back...not the car full of stuff we had to take to my outpatients appointment today in Birmingham.

I have to take nebulisers and pots, in case we get called and them its a false alarm, clothes, drug charts and clothes.

Mum has to leave instructions to the neighbours in the house and we make sure any bills that need to be paid are brought with us or sent off.

All this is mega stressful.......This is all added to the fact I am sooner or later going to have the biggest operation of my life.

The waiting game is the killer. Some people never get past the waiting.

I had a surreal outpatients appointment today. All my notes were in limbo between the dermatologist (who I saw last week IN THE SAME TRUST) and Heartlands.

My blowing tests (which I detest) stopped after one progonged huff because I had a nosebleed! I have to breathe in and blow out with my mouth over a strange pipe for as long as is humanly possible, expelling as much air as possible into a spirometer.

My consultant and physio are both pregnant so I think it will be the Sunday League versions lookng after me from now on! :(

AND to make matters worse....My next dose of evil IVs start next month. :(

If there is a God...PLEASE ask him to get me my transplant before the IVs start!!!

What else has been happening?

I also took advantage of the 3 CDs for a £1 offer at Tudor Tunes..Bought stuff by Tahiti 80, Trickbaby, Cube, Arctic Monkeys and some interesting label samplers (CDs containing a variety of tracks (trax?) by bands on one label.)

This means you get to listen to stuff you wouldn't normally hear. I found I like The All American Rejects, The Transplants - which feature Travis the drummer - and a Funeral For A Friend track too...

On the way back from Lichfield we went to Waitrose....shopping for posh people. I felt under-dressed! We used the scan-it-yourself system...fun.

We had Icelandic Cod for dinner. I have a little image of a cod swimming in unpolluted Icelandic waters. Its got to be better than what the Mersey throws up!

Oh yes we also bought a Dragon Fruit....I don't know where it comes from but its a strange looking thing....Reminds me of the weird stuff we used to pick and eat in Thailand..

The F family came on Tuesday evening. We were discussing (among other things) my tax form.

I had two letters from the Inlands Revenue, one day after another, refering to the same time period, but with the second asking for £300 more than the first.

I finally found out how I should get paid by the Express & Star. So have written my first invoice! Whooopeeee

*It is Jo+89 long-term Bloggites and day 571 since I first went on transplant list.

*How come I had a dream where I was going into Cannock Chase with the Mitchell Brothers and we had to wait for David Dickinson to navigate for us....hmmm

Firstly thanks to those lovely people at Passionate Media, (or to be more accurate LJ....who I first met at SH's party sometime in 1997/98...) This blog looks set to get a mention in the Birmingham Post's Media Types section on Monday...

Click here to see my photos CLICK
Click here to see my homepage CLICK

Music: All Amererican Rejects, Brian Eno, Funeral For A Friend, Clor, Swing Out Sister, Arctic Monkeys
Book: Straight Face - Nigel Hawthorne (autobiography)

2 Comments:

  • At 12:23 pm, Blogger Mark said…

    He He...likewise...I have just worked where I know you from! I was talking to Victoria Gazey (as was) last night and you used to be on newsdesk for us when we were at Stafford office. She reminded me of that party. You were very drunk. he he Your bf/hubbie worked in Uttoxter didn't he? I haven't heard what SH is doing since I went travelling in 99. I believe she married a former monk though. x

     
  • At 11:00 am, Blogger Kiera said…

    Hi,

    I found this link relating to you Mark. Hope all`s going fantabulously well for you.

    xx

    http://www.cftrust.org.uk/jive3/thread.jspa?threadID=7812&tstart=70

     

Post a Comment

<< Home