Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Lurgy, Boils and Plague


Blogfans,

Pic: Emma (right) with hubbie and friend after Great North Run

Front page of Burntwood Post...The Robbie Williams story you read about first on My Blog a couple of weeks ago! Gosh and golly gosh. CLICK TO READ IT

How is life? Full of golden Autumnal cheer I hope (steady on...!)

We went to see a dermatologist on Wednesday in Sol-hell Hospital in Brum. Imagine the waiting room of a skin doctor...lurgy, boils and plague left, right and centre.

(There may have been a little exaggeration in that last sentence!)

She gave me some cream (which I have to keep in the fridge and gosh it is cold when it is applied) and some brightly coloured tablets which I must start taking from Monday 17th.

We got home through the teeming rain on the M6 Toll Road....just before the football traffic started buiding up for England match....

Anyway...the long and the short of it is. The rash. Which was a form of dermititus is disappearing fast and I am back on the list.

(I had to take a photo of my chest and e-mail it to Newcastle so they could havce a look...oh the applicance of science eh?!)

I could still have new lungs for my birthday next weekend!

I am looking into what grants are available for doing local history project or wroting a book. (Something I could do while waiting for the transplant.)

I have already written a couple of children's books and a non-fiction directory, which are unfortunately without publisher!

I had to meet a lady who is looking into it all at Cannock Jobcentre. Gosh the staff there have me every sympathy.

The customers in there seem a worse lot than the last time I went in! It seemed to be Pregnant Chavs Only day when I was there.

I have had a couple of interesting letters from the Inland Revenue. Crazily, despite me not getting Incapacity Benefit because I was abroad for almost 3 years they still want money off me so my pension will be reduced.

They wrote asking for about £700. But i wrote back with the dates I worked when I was travelling and they reduced that to about £250 because you get reductions fo rthe time you were paying into other country's schemes.

I lost that second letter so wrote to the Inland Revenue asking for a copy. This they seny me..no problem...but the day after...I got another latter from the IR, asking for £700 again....aaaaaaaagh.

Life eh? You couldn't make it up!

Mr first ever teacher at the village school (way back when) came for coffee the other evening with her hubbie. They are neighbours. Very nice couple. In their 80s.

Hello to Nomes. There is always a Nomes shaped hug for you! x

*It is Jo+85 long-term Bloggites and day 567 since I first went on transplant list.

*How come I am never on oxygen when I am having adventures in my dreams. BUT I have had much more vivid and lucid dreams since I have been on oxygen 24/7....hmmm

Click here to see my photos CLICK
Click here to see my homepage CLICK

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home