Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Monday, May 08, 2006

Big Brother Fever and a Chocolate Fountain



Hiya Popsters!

Wow this Big Brother thing is getting really big. People are starting to recognise me on the street again. I used to bew 'that bloke who had the double lung transplant'...Now I am 'That bloke who's gonna be in the Midlands' Big Brother'!
CLICK FOR MERCURY STORY
CLICK FOR CANNOCK POST STORY

I don't know which I like best. One of the local papers is now describing me as a 'lung hero' - whatever that is!

Karma.I am really getting into this yoga thing I only do it once a week but after my session on Wednesday I felt so relaxed I could have slept right there…..in studio one! Is this usual?

I was in the mood to do sweet FA afterwards and talking of the F.A - I watched a bizarre England v Germany game on TV…

Germany had ex-footballers, England had ‘celebs’ like Damon Hill and Boris Johnson…..hmmmm I think that says something about our races….

I find it really odd the people who say everyone is the same no matter what colour or nationality you are from. What bollocks. Nature or nurture brings out the best and worst in everyone….!

I think Boris Johnson probably went to one of those sad schools that just did ‘rugger’ or ‘rowing’ or something like that….But I must admit he is a star!

I had a meeting with my stockbroker on Thursday. Gosh….it makes me feel really grown up to have a stockbroker….It sounds a lot posher than it actually is.

Its more like a hobby. I do like a ‘dabble’ and view it a bit like the fantasy cricket league – another reason to read results in The Times every morning.

After a few weeks of ‘getting-back-to-normaldon’ the being on the front page of all the local papers means the Big Brother thing has made me a z-lister again.

I just find it so odd. I am recognised…I didn’t realise people cares so much about this Green Dream thing…

Even a couple from badminton club on Thursday had seen it. I wish I had more to tell them. It’s all a mystery. Well up to five days with a glamour model and random other people, what a social experiment.

If I was a psycho-anaylist (rather than just a psycho) I would have a field day – perhaps.

On Friday we WON the village quiz – although everyone else in the team seemed to know a lot more than myself – I convinced myself I was good moral support.

A bottle of wine each isn’t bad for a night’s work – although I drank a bottle whie we were filling out the answers!

I am actually getting bids on a CD I put on eBay – miracles do happen. I bought a job lot of limited edition Andy Bell vs In_vox CDs and am flogging them to Erasure fans.

Badminton took it out of me for some reason on Thursday and I didn’t perform well at the gym on Friday – which doesn’t bode well for my hospital visit on Tuesday…

Oh yes….before I forget…I am going to be in Newcastle from Tuesday morning to Wedesday night. I am at Sarah’s on the Tuesday but will hopefully be home on Wednesday – but I will be checking my mobile if anyone needs to get in touch.

Saturday was Jimbo and Judy’s wedding. I will have lots of pics on my photo site asap.

It was a good do. The service at Christ Church B’Wood was done by the vicar who came to our middle school to talk to us about Eskimos!

Bride and groom are perfect for each other – always a bonus! I doubt they will read this but hope they are having a lovely time in Cyprus – and they don’t get burgled!

The bridesmaids looked lovely, particularly the radiant Kayleigh and Nicola..

I actually spent the evening talking to cool people and proper conversations. So a big hi to Surrey F! Stay in touch! The reception at Moat Farm had a chocolate fountain - genius!

You could dip fruit in this fountain (but not heads, Vicar of Dibley Style!). If only one could have dipped oranges in. The irony would be lost. (Well its not ironic.....but something would have been lost anyway!)

I had planned a cycle on Monday but it was pouring with rain (and I felt a bit delicate) so I just lay in bed after my 8am medication and just listened to Dirty, Pretty Things
.
I dragged myself to the pub with Garry and Mike at lunchtime (gosh how we suffer for our art) and then Erik and Diana came round in the afternoon – all of a sudden Sunday had gone….

The gaps in the week were taken up with boring writing work-type stuff and a couple of vists to Lichfield to pay money in or take it out (more the latter!)

Anything else, just use your illusion and you will be close Oh one final thing I finally ordered my DOWNLOAD TICKETS to see Guns’n’Roses, Fightstar and Prodigy! x

The kittens are growing by the day. Each time I go for a look they seem to have more spirit and personality!

Book: Piers Morgan
Music: Babyshambles, Beautiful South,

MY PICS

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home